Chapter 5

"That was fun." I comment after battling with a dragon for the first task. I turn my head but it is forced back to face Poppy, the nurse.

"Stop moving Mr. Black. You are worse then Sirius when he came to Hogwarts." I giggle at the mention of my guardian and godfather when he was younger. I observe Poppy's features and notice a subtle blush on her face.

"Did you know Sirius well?" The blush only grows making me grin.

"He was such a sweetheart. Helped with a few things at night." I can only imagine what things he did help her with.

"Right. Good old Sirius." I might tease him about it at Christmas time.

"Do be careful Mr. Black. Can't have Merlin successor die so young." My eyes fly up to hers.

"What do you mean merlin successor?"

"You might not feel it but I do. You may hide your magic and many other things but I certainly can see how powerful you have become. It was wrong for Albus to block your magic. It was also bad enough when he kept sending you to those muggles. At least they are gone and you won't be in anymore harm."

"How did you...?"

"Every year since you came here with a wound. As you slept I made a full body examination and kept a hidden record of the damages those muggles have done to you. I try telling Albus to place you with the Weasleys but he won't listen. Stubborn old goat."

"You didn't say anything?"

"I didn't need to. At least now you have your magic back and you are all healed. Except for this spot." She points to my chest where my heart lies. "It has turned to literal stone and I fear for you, my dear."

She glances around before leaning over and whispering something shocking in my ear.

"When you meet with your mate, leave with him. Don't return back or look back. Your mate is the only one that can fix your cold heart and melt it. Don't come back Hadrian until you are ready to kill Albus." Pulling away, she gives me a smile before walking to a student who just came in.

Leaving the hospital wing, I am lost in thought. Poppy knows even without me telling her. A nurse is scarier than anything if they can read you as well as Poppy can. I look ahead and see Hermione entering the library. Guilt enters my core. Perhaps I was too harsh with her. She was only worried and I shunned her off.

Entering the library, I look around and found her going behind some shelves. Following her, I note she is near the gate of the forbidden section. Walking behind her, she moves before I can speak. Leaning on the shelf side, I observe her put some books away and take out one from her bag.

"Hermione," She turns her head and upon seeing me, clutches the book to her chest nervously. Licking my lower lip, I walk over to her. "I am sorry for lashing out at you. I just am so frustrated and also tired."

"Haven't you been sleeping?" She goes to the window and sits down with her back leaning on the bricks. I kneel down by her side facing her.

"Dreams and nightmares keep me up. Nothing helps I already checked."

"Ron tells me you haven't been sleeping in your bed."

"I found some other room to sleep in. The snoring doesn't help me at all." She nods and looks down at her lap.

"Why didn't you tell us anything?" I tuck a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I don't know. Maybe I was trying to keep the stressful burden of handling me off your shoulders for one night. I also found Sirius and we chatted. He was innocent and the death eater, Peter Pettigrew framed him. Had him be put in Azkaban so that I won't have another family member to look out for me. It was a perfect plan in getting me to go to the Dursleys and get myself beaten and abused." I confess trying to get Hermione on my side when I leave.

"What about Dumbledore? He could've..."

"That is just it isn't it? He knew all this was happening and he did nothing. He sent Severus Snape to check on my parents who are dead. He also just sends Hagrid to pick me up. Minerva even exclaimed her distaste for the muggles but Albus didn't think so. They are family. Yeah, a family who wanted nothing to do with me and lied till I was eleven." Hermione lays a hand on my shoulder and listens. "He did shit nothing to help the world. He did shit nothing to stop Tom from killing my parents. He did shit nothing when he saw Tom turn evil. I also saw Tom's past and saw that Albus has placed Tom back in a dingy orphanage every single summer. Albus has done nothing to help anyone but himself. Even in the war with Grindelwald, he did shit nothing!"

"Harry...I don't know what to say." I glance at her and notice immediately her doubts. A subtle push into her mind and I see she is wondering what Sirius implanted in me to make me this way in doubting the loyalty of Dumbledore.

"You don't fucking believe me." Shrugging off her hand I stand getting furious.

"What!? I do-"

"Don't fucking lie to me! I read your mind, Hermione. You don't believe me." She bites her lip and lowers her head. 

I would have thought she out of all people would be on my side and be loyal but nope. She is just as blinded to Dumbledore as the rest of the world. I remember that she is another person that was stealing from me. Using my money to do god knows what. I tried to oversee the action and used this moment to try and get her on my side but nope, she is woven tightly to Dumbledore's old finger. Ronald too is seeking his power to be famous. Jealous git. Glaring at her, I sigh and use my magic to erase her memories of what we just spoke about and placed fake memories of us just talking about her crush on Victor.

"Best get to class huh?" She gets up and I nod. Stepping back, I allow her to walk off while I stay put. Glancing behind me, I flick my wrist. All the books in the restricted section shrink and fly over to my pocket. Using an extendable charm, all the 3000 books fall into my pocket. They don't deserve to have these books when all they do is collect dust and aren't used but feared.

"Time to get rid of some problems." With glowing red eyes, I walk out of the library.