Chapter 8

"Ah, Hermione, wonderful to see you here." I listen in from the shadows as my copy of Hermione enters Dumbledore's office.

"Hello, professor." She sits and declines the Lemondrop.

"How did it go with Harry? Learned anything."

"Harry is fine. I did catch him reading in the library late at night but unfortunately, I couldn't get close enough to see what he is reading."

"Oh, did you speak with him at all?" He presses on.

"I did. At the astronomy tower, I caught him speaking into a mirror to a masked man who I think is his guardian. I confronted him about it and he said his guardian asked to speak about the tournament."

"And..."

"And Harry told me that the tournament is fine but he has a bad feeling something is up for the last task. I told him to be careful and he has you and me for help. Harry nodded and agreed. He is trusting us bit by bit but it will take some time since he is still a bit sad about his relatives dying."

"Ah yes, the Dursleys death was tragic. The Aurors also couldn't find what creature killed them. Did you by chance hear who the guardian's name was?" I think of someone to blame but nothing comes to mind.

"No, he didn't say anyone's name." Dumbledore nods before dismissing 'Hermione'. she comes down and over to me.

"You did well. Keep it up." She nods and leaves.

I leaned on the wall as the fake Hermione comes out. She nods at me and walks off. I lick my lips wondering what to do. I have no class currently, no friends to chat with, and I don't want to train so that leaves me with either being bored to death, walking around the school or going check on Ron.

After pondering, my feet take me to see the young Weasley. It is important to keep tabs on everyone. Ron may be in the hospital and possibly still unconscious but he once used to be my friend. Could stay as friends if he didn't let greed get in the way. Stopping at the doors of the hospital wing, I glance inside the ajared door.

"Oh Ronald, my little boy! Who could have done this to you?" Molly cries in the arms of Arthur.

"Just hope he can awaken. Poppy, there has to be some potion to wake him up." I look at the nurse and catch her glance at me before shaking her head.

"There is nothing more than to wait. Even magic can't fix everything." Molly bursts some more.

The touching scene has me frown. Ron is unconscious and his family is suffering because of his stupid decision in fighting me. Summoning a bag of gold coins and a potion that I made with alchemy, I walk into the room. Note to self, make more potions for Alchemy.

"Mr. Potter, what is it you are doing here? Are you hurt?" Poppy asks.

"I only came to see Ron. How is he?" I fake my worry for the git.

"His wounds are healing but he hasn't woken yet."

"Mr. And Mrs. Weasley I am sorry I wasn't there for him." I play the good boy act too well.

"Oh, Harry!" Molly pulled me into a hug and cries slightly. Arthur gives me a soft smile and nod of respect. They seriously aren't this stupid.

"What is this?" I glance at the bag and the potion.

"I don't know if you have heard from Ron or anyone of your children but during the summer I went to Beauxbatons academy and took up Alchemy. I made a potion that possibly will help heal all his wounds and maybe he can also wake up." Molly gasps with new tears. I inwardly groan at the dramatics this woman does.

"Go ahead, Harry. We trust you." Bad decision Arthur. Walking over, I needed to use all my control not to let a sneer fly on my face. Uncorking the potion, I tip it in his mouth and he drinks it. I back away and hold my hands behind me. Twisting my wrist, I use my magic to awaken him but make his memory of the fight blurry. Can't have anyone knowing who he fought.

"Mom, dad," Molly cries happily and Arthur smiles glad Ron is okay. I sigh relieved my magic worked.

"Thank you Harry." Arthur turns to me. I fake a smile at him before handing him the bag of gold.

"Least I can do for a friend and part of a family." Arthur smiles and has tears in his eyes. He reaches and pulls me in a hug. Not the same warmth as Sirius hugs but this is just an act.

"I will leave you with your son." I back away and walk over to Poppy. When we are out of hearing range, I whisper to her seriously.

"He won't know who he fought as the figure is blurry," I tell her.

"I figured. Go. I will take care of them." I leave and make sure to read her mind. She has been loyal to me till now. I don't want to think of what I will do if I find her double-crossing me. A kind person doesn't deserve such a rash fate. 

I walk to the kitchen to eat something before I get nauseous all of a sudden. Holding onto the cement wall with one hand and the other around my stomach, I look into my copied forms' minds. Minister Harry is fine and dealing with a lot of paperwork with criminals. Fake Hermione though is where nausea comes from. Draco is pinning her on a wall in an old classroom kissing her neck.

"Draco, this...is so unexpected." Fake Hermione says.

"You should have realized that with all that gold you have been gaining, I wouldn't notice and become attracted to a rich witch like you." Fake Hermione and I gag at the disgusting words but I pause. Money?! My gold!? Growling, I appear in the shadows behind Malfoy.

"Malfoy!" He spins around like a ballerina. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I am doing Potter or Black? Whatever the hell you call yourself these days. I am currently screwing your smart witch friend." He grasps fake Hermione's hand, keeping her from leaving.

"I thought she was a mudblood as you once called her. What happened to that?" I remain in the shadows. "And it is Black."

"Pft whatever, if Granger here can steal gold like the pureblood she could be, then she is good enough to screw." Narrowing my eyes, I enter his mind. He was the one to tell Hermione to steal from my vaults. His father ordered him to do it when he found out the black vault is in my name. He is the one to convince Hermione that if she were as rich as he is, she can be considered a pureblood. His father could have the records changed so that she becomes a pureblood.

Malfoy is many things but this is crossing a line. I thought he would be smarter than this but nope, he is just as a thief as all those pompous purebloods I met. I guess I need to speak to the real Hermione about this. I can apologize but only for putting full blame on her. I still thought won't bring her back. She was being ordered but she still did the dead.

"You messed with the wrong person, Malfoy." My eyes turn red and his scream is blocked by the silencing charm I placed in the room before I spoke out. Fake Hermione sighs and smiles but I stare emotionless at her. The smile falls and she heads off. Even copies of a person can become traitors which is why I keep them on a tight leash.