CHAPTER 4: THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

My dress and accessories were chosen beforehand so, I had nothing to get bothered for. But I still was nervous because this will be the first time, we may have a conversation. What if he suspects me that I am not his actual wife? The last day was the day I woke up in this new body but as I was in an emotional state, he may not have noticed the changes in me. But it's not the same today. But I want to meet the person who coaxed me to sleep, when I was in my worst state. I wanted to sense that warmth one more time. 
That's why I asked Rain, "Rain, what if he senses that I am not her?"
Rain was doing my hair as she looked in the mirror in front of me and said, "If he can not find out, then try to become someone he can never forget."
"Huh? If he can't that is good right?" I asked in confusion.
"You should get going, his majesty must be waiting for you in the dining hall." Rain said as she finished doing my hair. But I could not understand what she meant by those words earlier.

Rain showed me the way to dining hall. As I entered the hall, I saw his majesty sitting on a chair at the rear end of the dining hall. I greeted him as he signed me sit. This table was at least for 30 people to eat together. There were so many types of dishes that I've never even seen in my entire life. There were different cutlery items as well. I always ate alone in my room or dining table so the typical table manners were of no use to me. But still I had to learn to fit between the elites. But I never used chopsticks in my life, because in our country where I was born in my past life, if it is for even noodles, we will use fork rather than A chopstick. So, it was going to be a little hard for me as those items were there as well.

While thinking about this and that I went straight towards His Majesty and sit on the chair next to him. But only after a few moments I could sense many eyes were glaring at me. I confirmed my hunch when I looked at the female servant in front of me. Her piercing eyes could dig a hole in me. But as I didn't know the reason behind such actions,
I asked her, "What happened? Do you have something to say to me?"
"Pardon my limits, Your Majesty, but in spite of your illness, you should know where to sit. And it's not beside his majesty but at the other end of the dining table." She told be while bowing down her head.

I was surprised. Like, you can't even see the other person properly if you sit on the other end, let alone any conversation. But as I was new to these rules, I did not want to argue with her in that matter so I pushed the chair as I stood up and said,
"Sorry, Your Majesty, due to my illness I made a great mistake, I will go to my seat this insta-" but before I could finish my words, I felt a strong yet warm grip around my hand. Aelius was holding my hand firmly.
"You don't need to apologize for this, you can seat wherever you want to and if it is beside me that is also fine. There is no such hard and fast rule that you have to sit on the other end. Just make yourself comfortable." He said this whole thing while looking into my eyes.
I could not take my eyes off of him. I felt like those pair of ocean blue eyes were looking into my soul through my eyes. There is something dangerous in those, that is warning me not to fall for this man. Because it is a one-way road, there is no turning back if I intend to take this road. But still my heart did not give me permission to look away from him. His intimidating gaze were making a rush through my blood and making my heart thump louder.
"So, sit down" he said while still holding my hand. So, I sat down once again.

Though he said those things, I could still feel those gazes on me. The maids served the food items in front of us. And now I was meeting with my real time challenge. There were a bowl of noodles and other vegetable and meat soups and....
"THE CHOPSTICK!!!"
To look less awkward, I first started with the soups. They were really fragrant and perfectly suitable for my pallet. But I could see them twitching their eyes. I think again I did something 'non royal'.
"As the foods are served you guys can leave the room and wait outside. If we need anything else I'll call you in." Aelius said it to them while keeping his composure.
The moment he finished I looked at him, and in my mind one question popped up, 'Did he do it because of me? Because I was uncomfortable?' I felt very warm inside my heart. ' then Rain said his former wife was never happy because he behaved coldly!!! But I don't see him behaving coldly towards me? Was she wrong or it is just a facade?'
A lot of unanswered questions were coming into my mind as I was still looking at him. They all left the room due to his command. I looked into my plate again.
"Why are you having the soup before having the noodles?" He asked me as I sipped my soup one more time.
Now I was caught in the act. I am sure that his former wife was quite eligible with him as she knew all these things beforehand. But I am not her, how can I even do the thing that I never done in my whole life. So, I choose to say the truth wrapped in a small incompetency rather than making big lies.
"Th-the thing is I- I forget how to use the chopsticks. I seem to forget a lot of things due to the shock I received during Albert's birth. I am apologizing for my ineligibility beside His Majesty." I drooped my head down as it was very basic thing but I could not do.