Chapter 8: Pawn of the Mosems

I was surprised to see Rain's reaction. She looked at me the way as if she saw some ghosts.
I felt awkward about it so I asked her,
"What? You didn't know? I thought you said you knew everything! Then....."
The few next actions of Rain really made me suspicious. She hurriedly called another maid and handed over Albert to feed him. Then she almost ran to the main entrance of my bed chamber and closed it with a loud 'thud' sound.
I was feeling very scared because I never saw Rain tensed up like this before.

Rain came inside the room and closed all the windows. I was thinking if I said something that I shouldn't have. Then she came to me and almost dragged me to bed, making me sit. Then she sat beside me but she was still breathing heavily. I gave Rain some water to drink and then she looked at me with a very pale expression.
I thought I was about to cry looking at her face but I asked her almost in a breaking voice, "What happened Rain? Y-you are scaring me! Did I say something odd? What is it tell me please?"
Rain placed her hand on my left cheek and said,
"How could you see his majesty's symbol, your majesty?"
I twitched as I said, "He showed me, something about the same on my door, I was surprised but what about it?"

"Your majesty, what will you do now? You just got a new life, what if you had to....." Rain couldn't say any more than that and started crying. I became more confused but I felt it's not a good signal.
I asked her with a worried voice, "What will happen to me? He said he entrusted his powers with me so the symbol but what about it Rain? Please say something? I am getting scared! Please Rain tell me?"

Rain couldn't stop her tears. Still she tried to explain to me, "What is there to explain, your majesty? His majesty is not safe anymore."
With her sentence, I couldn't understand anything, his majesty isn't safe? What? But his symbol is so big and he is obviously a very successful emperor then? Why would he have some threat for his life?
I asked Rain again, "Rain please stop crying for once and tell me what do you mean by that??? What is it??"

Rain sniffled and stopped her tears for once as she said, "Our previous queen Angelina was a very innocent but rigid person. She was so in love with his majesty that she was ready to go to any lengths to make him reciprocate her feelings. Not only God, she was becoming terrible in her last years. She would visit the sacred temple of the sun god everyday and pray for his majesty's love. So one day one of the priests gave her a blessing through a drink and said it will help her with the love she wants so much.
I never saw that priest before but as each year a lot of priests come to serve in the temple, I didn't suspect anything wrong.

I stopped Rain in the middle.
"A drink of blessings? Moreover to solve the unrequited love? Isn't it some kind of some black magic? But you said it is banned in this empire."
Rain gave a very sad expression and said,
"Obviously, your majesty. But who would not believe in the priests? It was not considered as a black magic if that was given by the priest, so the queen didn't have any suspicion. And even this news made her majesty so cheerful that I stopped myself from having any bad thoughts.
I still once asked tried to advise her majesty to not take some unfair means to reach his majesty's heart. But the greed of getting the share of his majesty's love made her very adamant. So, she drank that to achieve her dreams. After drinking it, her majesty had a fever for three straight days. And when I went to the sun temple to ask the priest why she was having a fever!!? I never found that priest again there. Only then I understood it was something that never existed in this empire. I came back from there. Meanwhile, his majesty visited her chamber once a day, and that innocent soul started to think it was the effect of that blessing. Then after three days her majesty visited the emperor and the news of her getting pregnant came just after one month."

Rain stopped talking. But I had many questions in my mind.
'Who was that person? If it had the effect on his majesty then, how did he grow further away from her? Moreover, what did this whole thing have anything to do with me seeing his majesty's symbol????'
I couldn't connect the lines so, I asked her again, "But what do they have something to do with me?"
Rain looked at me and said, "You became the Pawn of the Mosems!"
I was surprised to hear that name. "The Mosems!????"
Rain nodded as she told me the rest of it.
"It was the Mosems who sent that priest, I told you right that they practice witchcraft and black magic. The Mosems are so powerful that they could acquire the other two Empires very easily and also you know that they attacked your Lunar empire several years ago. But they never dared to touch The Solar Empire because of his majesty. So, they tried to manipulate her majesty's energy through their false blessing drink, so that her majesty will betray him and stab him in the back."