Chapter 7: The Symbol

His words sent a shiver down my spine. My eyes were about to pop out due to excitement and anticipation.
'He knew I was awake??' I thought to myself as the embarrassment made my face look like it was about to burst. I didn't dare to move even an inch. But after some moments we went back to our previous position of looking into each other. Though he might have been looking I was too embarrassed to look at him so I kept my head down.
"Look at me..." He spoke as he touched my chin to face him up. Still my shy eyes wouldn't dare to take a glance. As I wasn't ready to look at him so, now he said something that made me realise my worth.
He said, "You are the queen of this empire Angelina, moreover you are my wife so, there is no one except you who has the most claim on me after the emperor and queen mother."

He stopped and I looked at him at an instance. He sounded proud but as well as sadness was also lingering in his tone. When I looked at him in the eyes, I could sense that even that word 'Queen Mother' is enough to make him sad. I touched his cheeks with my both hands. Although the man standing in front of me is the great ruler of this empire, and he can have anything by just naming it once, but still I wish there was something that could have poured into his loneliness to complete the vacant place in his heart. My eyes softened as I remembered the incident of the late empress. Then I said to him,
"I am sorry, I didn't know you knew I was awake a-and I also didn't mean to eavesdrop on you. Actually last night I thought that was some assassin who entered my chamber to kill Albe....."

I couldn't finish before he let out a small laughing sound '. I was surprised.
"H-how could y-you laugh??? Safety is necessary for a prince and why would you come at midnight like that? Obviously I misunderstood like it was the reason."
I took away my hands from his face as I felt I was tricked.
Then he took my hand and placed them on his cheeks once again and hold me by my shoulder. Then he asked me,
"Have you seen the entrance of your chamber?"
I nodded and said, "Yes, a lot of times. The gate has a big sun symbol engraved on the door."
Now he removed his hands off my shoulder and took a few steps away from me. Then suddenly he started to strip. I jolted at the scene as I said, "W-what are you doing??? Why are y-you stripping your clothes!?? Albert is th......"
My eyes got bigger as his broad chest was completely exposed in front of my eyes. I gulped my excitement and with that my Adam's apple bobbed for a moment. Right now he was standing in front of me half naked. I, who never seen or was close to any man in my life except my brother got to see someone like this. I couldn't look at him anymore. I was burning hot with shyness.
'It's broad daylight now and he is like this? Does he not have any shame?' I thought to myself. But then suddenly another thing came to my mind,
'Do-does he perhaps w-want to........' my thoughts were riding a roller coaster at that moment and hitted up my face then and there. My racing heart was about to jump out of my chest.

While my imaginations were running wild he said again,
"Look at me...."
I didn't dare to but as well there were no other way around. So, after a few minutes I looked at him. But as soon as I looked again my thoughts vanished completely. I saw a big sun symbol same as the one in front of my room was visible on his body. It was like a blazing sun shining very brightly. The round ball in the middle of his chest and the rays spreaded throughout the chest reaching till the end of the abdomen. It looked like he was wearing a 'Sun Armor'.
I was astonished to see that huge tattoo on his chest but then I thought 'Wait, the shoulder blocker he was wearing, there were barely any clothes, then why didn't I see this huge tattoo then?'
What I thought was thoroughly justified because, I indeed had seen his bodily muscle before on the ground then how could I not notice this??? My mind was going blank so, I asked him,
"What's that?"

My question put a difficult expression on his face. He seemed confused. Then again he came close to me and said,
"It's not like your first time seeing this.... We had several encounters before as well where you saw this. You already know what it's for."
I was taken aback. Rain didn't say anything and absolutely nothing about this scar! Why? She knows everything though then why didn't she tell me? I was lost in my thoughts for a moment. Then I think there is one excuse named after the childbirth my memory got distorted.
I already used it on the dining table once so I was gonna go for the same here as well. But before I could say anything he came close to me and said,
"I am sorry, maybe your memory is still faint after Albert was born. This symbol on my chest is my spiritual power. The bigger it is in size the higher cultivation I achieved. And through this I can protect anything that I want to protect. So I created a barrier in front of your chamber with the Sun symbol same as mine so, if anyone happens to come with the bad intention of hurting you, then due to my spiritual cultivation my symbol on the chest will start to burn and give me tremendous pain to indicate that you are in danger. You can say it's a gift of God Sun bestowed upon our lineage."