one

The sky was dark and gray. Sounds of emptiness echoed throughout the land of a messed up Hawkins.

Surrounded by sleeping demobats were two bodies laying together. Hands held tight and covered in dried blood. It was a beautiful gruesome sight. Two lovers dead and gone but together.

A cracking sound came from the bodies, their limbs moved in ways that looked demonic.

Screeching noises filled the air as the thought to be dead bats woke up and shook off their wounds. They spread their little wings and took to the sky, circling the two dead bodies that were changing.

Suddenly Eddie's eyes flew open at the noise. No light shown in the upside down but his reflexes made him raise a hand in front of his face.

He looked at his hand, "What the hell..."

He was alive, covered in blood, body aching, but alive. He felt sharpness in his mouth and something his surroundings looked clearer even though it was dark. He was distracted for a second before remembering everything that happened.

"Y/n!" He shouted and looked over at her.

A scream ripped from his mouth as she slowly got up. She was covered in blood and looked a bit paler. She was different now...but she was alive with him.

"Eddie..." She whispered and looked at him in shock.

She lept into his arms and hugged him, her sobs filling the air. Eddie began crying himself as he tightened his grip around her waist.

She sat back to look into his eyes. Those deep honey colored eyes she loved the most. Though, when she looked all she saw was blood red.

Neither of them knew what was going on and they were terrified. How long have they been dead? Why are they like this? What are they?

Eddie shook his head and gently raised his hand to her face. He wiped off some blood with his thumb and smiled. Without a second to waste, he kissed her.

She smiled into the kiss with tears still running. Even with everything happening, she was glad to be with him. She loved him more than anything

"Are you ok?" Eddie asked as he pulled away.

Y/n thought for a moment, "Physically I'm a little sore, mentally I'm freaking out."

"Yeah...but we're alive right?" Eddie chuckled and dropped his hands to hers.

Y/n sighed, "I suppose, but shouldn't we get out of here? I'd rather not live here again."

Eddie got up and took Y/n's hand to help her. They never let go of each other's hands. Especially with the demobats still flying around.

"Yeah. Let's get outta here Y/n." They started walking back to the trailer.

As Eddie reached the door he opened it for Y/n. Even in the worst situations, he was still a gentleman.

She smiled at him but when she stepped inside her smile dropped...the gate to the right side of Hawkins was closed up.

Y/n looked at Eddie in panic and he looked back at her. He pulled her into a hug as she started to cry softly.

"I can't stay here again Eddie."

He rocked her on her feet, "I know I know. We'll find a way out Y/n. I still need to take you on that date right? We dont have to postpone it anymore!"

"Yeah...yeah you do." She smiled and wiped her tears away.

She put on a determined face and took a couple of breaths. She looked Eddie in the eyes and he gave her his full attention.

"Let's find out how these things act around us. I'm sure those demo shits not reacting to us earlier wasn't a fluke." Y/n stated.

They walked out of the trailer and inched their way to the flying bats. Y/n stood in front of the swarm and slowly put out her arm.

"What are you doing?" Eddie asked nervously.

Y/n didn't answer but instead whistled out and waited. Before Eddie could say anything a demobat flew out of the swarm and straight to Y/n.

"Y/n watch out-" Eddie was about to grab her but she lifted her other hand to stop him.

"Wait." Was all she said as she stood still.

The bat landed on her arm without harming her. It made a little screeching sound as Y/n inspected it.

Eddie got closer, "What the fuck?"

"Language Munson." Y/n smirked and pet the creature.

Eddie poked it a bit and looked at Y/n in surprise. They've never seen anything like it, especially Y/n. How the hell was a creature from the Upside down being so obedient?

Y/n shook her arm and the bat flew off again into the swarm. She looked at Eddie with a bright smile, showing her fangs.

"Eddie, I think something kinda awesome just happened to us."

Eddie was still clueless. Y/n waited patiently until Eddie put the dots together.

He thought hard about it all. Death, red eyes, fangs, and obedient bats...his eyes widened and his mouth hung agape.

"We're-" He was cut off by Y/n.

"We're fucking vampires!"

Eddie ran his hands through his hair and laughed. He couldn't believe it. They were like Kas from DnD except...vecna was still a bad guy to them.

"We are mythical creatures now..." He looked at her with glee.

"Does that mean we get to live together forever?" She asked and skipped towards him.

He kissed her head, "Yeah maybe...together forever my love."

***

End of chapter one

Ahhh second book here we go!!! Yay!!! I hope you all like it like I will hehe. I love you guys <333