Sixteen

The clock ticked over and over again, as per usual. Ms.Kelly tapped her fingers on the desk in front of her.

Gareth sat there for his usual appointment time and his leg bounced. This time it wasn't because of what he didn't know, it was because of what he did know.  Ms.Kelly hummed and this made Gareth's stomach turn. Now that he knew about the upside and the monsters, his feeling about something being wrong with the counselor grew.

"Tell me Gareth, what have you been up to lately? Anything happen to make you much more anxious than usual?" She asked with that sickly sweet smile.

Gareth's eyes widened but he calmed down as much as he could and as quick as possible, "No ma'am. I just am nervous...about a test!"

She narrowed her eyes and tilted her head a bit, "What test? I don't believe any of your classes have tests today."

Odd that she would know his schedule and the teachers plans... how is she so sure of herself?

"Surprise quiz!" Gareth choked out.

The bell suddenly rang and Gareth got up and started to walk out, he looked back and the expression on Ms.Kelly's face made the color from his entire body drain.

There she sat with a smile that seemed too big for her face. A smile that told Gareth that Ms.Kelly...wasn't Ms.Kelly. It told him that whatever Ms.Kelly was...it knew everything.

He turned and left as fast as he could.

___________________________________

In the upside there were two new creatures, vampires. The only ones who weren't under the control of vecna... yet they were somehow still a part of him.

Y/n stood in the middle of the kitchen, staring out the window into the darkness. She missed the sunlight. The warmth that radiated onto the skin like a blanket or a hug. She closed her eyes and tried to imagine the feeling.

Suddenly she felt warm and safe. She felt arms around her body and she smiled with a hum.

"Is everything alright?" Eddie asked quietly while swaying side to side.

Y/n didn't answer right away. Lately she's been having strange and terrifying dreams, though she blamed it on the stress the situation has put her in. Although...it was the same dream over and over again.

She wouldn't tell Eddie though, "I'm alright. I'm just thinking about the small things I miss."

She turns around in his arms and smiled up at him. Their eyes connect and whatever worries Y/n had previously just washed away.

Eddie nodded and kissed the top of her head. They stood there for a little while longer. Just rocking together and listening to the slight humming coming from Eddie.

Y/n smiled and closed her eyes again, soaking in the feeling.

This would be the last time either of them felt at peace...

___________________________________

End of chapter 16

Short chapter, I know, but I'm trying to bring back my readers haha! Love you guys sm, please interact with this as much as possible!! 💚