tweleve

Red seeps through the boarded up windows. The new burnt wood makes Henry's face twitch. Memories flood his mind as he looks into the shattered mirror.

First he sees himself before he killed, then himself in the lab, and lastly he sees himself now. Burnt, broken, and withering away.

The image angered him, he was no longer Henry or 001. He was simply the villain, the monster, he was vecna.

It was almost time for his appointment with Gareth as Ms.Kelley. He was getting closer to making his way inside his brain. Once Gareth is gone and the next kid and the next, there's no turning back from this plan...

...this war.

______________

Y/n stood outside with El, Steve, and Dustin. There was silence for a moment as they looked towards the horrifying sky, with a smile on their faces.

"So El, was it? I don't think we got to properly meet?" Y/n turned to the girl and smiled warmly at her.

El couldn't help but think of the way Joyce smiled at her the exact same. Of course she smiled back and shook her hand.

"No we haven't, I moved away. I'm back for a little bit, but I think we may go back."

Y/n nodded and turned to Dustin, "Have you guys heard from Will?"

"Yeah, he was pretty messed up. You should've seen him at your funeral Y/n...the light in his eyes was just gone." Dustin said while looking down.

This pained Y/n and Steve pulled her into a side hug, "Don't worry, when he sees you again he'll go back to normal. Of course that means he'll force you to play dnd with him again."

"He won't have to force me goober, I missed Will The Wise." She smirked and leaned her head on Steve's shoulder.

All he did was lay his hand on top of her head and smiled. He missed his best friend, and he was so glad to hear her smartass again.

"Ok, now that the totally boring shit is done being talked about...I have so many questions." Dustin blurted out.

"Shoot, little man." Y/n said with closed eyes.

Dustin breathed in a shit ton of air before starting, "How are you alive? How are you a vampire? What did it feel like to die? Are you and Eddie offical or still on that bullshit stage? Did you know Vecna was defeated? And lastly, what the fuck is that and why is it following you?"

Before Steve could scold him, Y/n laughed and put a hand up to stop him. Dustin stood patiently waiting for answers.

"I don't know how. I just woke up like this. It was fucking painful. Me and Eddie are taking it slow but I think we're a thing? No, cause vecna is still alive. And this dragon is my new pet and his name is frodo!" She said with only a few breaths.

Dustin took a moment before his eyes widened, "What the hell do you mean Vecna is alive?"

Y/n backed away so she could look at all of them. El seemed to be the most distraught. Y/n sighed and sat on the ground, they followed her actions.

"He came to me and Eddie like a day after we woke up. He said something about us being complete and now we'd follow him. Obviously we don't follow him...which is why he said we didn't work like he wanted. I didn't get much out of that interaction but if I'm being honest with you all, I think something very bad is going to happen."

Steve spoke up, "Worse than what happened last time?"

"I'd say worse than me and Eddie dying... This whole town is in trouble, and if he gets to it, he won't stop there." She said with her brows furrowed.

El held her head in her hands. How could she let this happen? This town is in danger and it's because she wasn't strong enough! With that thought, tears ran down her face.

Y/n scooted over in front of El and took her face into her own hands. She smiled at El and wiped her tears away with her thumbs.

"El...listen to me. I know exactly what you're thinking and I want you to know that it is not your fault. Vecna is strong. You've been through so much as far as I've heard, your childhood was taken from you. So, right now I just want you to take a deep breath and calm down. We will figure out a way. Ok?"

El just cried harder and jumped into Y/n's arms. It felt so good to cry like this. It felt so good to be understood. El felt relieved.

Y/n hugged El tight, it reminded her of Will. She wasn't going to let go of this little girl, she would protect her with everything she had.

At this point Steve and Dustin had joined the hug. It may have looked like an odd group, but between the four of them...they would all live this time. This time, no casualties, and no more upside down.

A screech rippled through the sky and branches cracked in the wooded area beside the school. All four of them quickly looked up and stood.

A fast moving creature ran at them and Frodo hissed, standing protectingly in front of the group. The creature jumped and went straight for Y/n. El was able to use what little power she had at the moment and sent it flying at the wall.

It looked like a demodog but bigger. They all looked at each other before Eddie and Wayne ran towards them in worry.

"Y/n! Are you ok?" He asked as he checked her for wounds.

She grabbed him by the shoulders and looked him in the eyes. Something was wrong, they needed to find somewhere to hide. More screeches could be heard, confirming Y/n's concerns.

"He's trying to get rid of his failed experiments Eddie..."

"...us."

***

End of chapter twelve

This chapter kinda sucked but trust me bro, next one is gonna be so good! I love you guysss, thank you for being so patient with the updates! I just wanna make this plot line make sense when it's done :3