۱۹ - حنا کی شادی

Gonna do long chapters now! So be prepared for longer chapters than usual now

Pehli nazar main,
Kaisa jadoo kar diya,
Tera ban baitha hai,
Mera jiya.

Ayla POV

After aunty slapped me, I ran upstairs to my room, leaning on the door crying when I could hear aunty cursing me and my entire lineage. After months of feeling like I had a little family, I felt lonely. I didn't know what to say to baba or to Salaar. Speaking of Salaar, I need to call him, I need to clear out his entire situation with him. I kept calling him, but he didn't pick up. It was now almost 12am, I forced myself to lie in bed because Henna's nikkah was in almost 12 hours.

The entire night was spent with me tossing and turning around in bed, not being able to sleep. Finally, somewhere around 5am, I felt a little sleepy, so I set up an alarm for 6am and went to sleep. I was woken up by the shrill screaming of a little girl and I opened my eyes to see Hooriya bhabi staring right back at me. I gaped at her questionably and she just pointed towards her phone on which I could see a really pissed off Henna.

"Madam mera teen ghantay main nikkah hai aur aap abhi bhi soyi hui hain?", Henna screamed through the phone
(Ma'am my nikkah is in three hours and you're still asleep?)

I picked up my phone to see it was indeed 9am and I was to go with Henna to the makeup artist to get ready at 9:30am. Profusely apologizing, I went to quickly shower. I was out in 15 minutes and got my clothes and shoes, running down the stairs to Henna's house. I heard aunty told me to stop but I knew she would create extra drama regarding last night so I ignored her, banging the main door on her face. Boy, she's going to make me regret this. 

I reached Henna's house at 9:25am to see her sitting her car, quickly nodding at Maida aunty and saying salam to Saad bhai, I sat into the car. The car ride was short, probably five minutes and Saad bhai, dropped both me and Henna off at the makeup artist's studio. Once, we got there we were ushered inside and instantly there were three women working on the both of us respectively. When we were getting our appointment here, I wanted to pay for myself but Henna didn't let me. Instead she gave me the famous brown people stare. 

The makeup artist had let us to "marinate" for a while because she was giving some logic about how makeup looks more glowy if put on this face mask in the skin prep. Khair, it gave me and Henna some time to talk and she instantly popped the question,

"Why are you upset? Did something happen?" she said 

I didn't want her to worry on her big day so I shrugged it off saying, "kuch nahi hua"
(Nothing happened)

"Kuch tou hua hai, cause this morning on FaceTime, I noticed dry tears, chalo batao what happened?" she said
(Something has happened, because, this morning on FaceTime, I noticed dry tears, now tell me what happened?)

Quickly thinking of an acceptable excuse, I said

"I was thinking about how you're going away from me, you're like the sister I never had, issi liye rou rahi thi, zyaada pareeshan na hou", I said, holding her hand and lightly squeezing it
(I was thinking about how you're going away from me, you're like the sister I never had, that's why I was crying, don't worry)

She took a shaky breathe in and said 

"Meri jaan! I'll miss you so much too! Just know, that I'm a phone call away whenever and wherever you need me. I love you so much!"

"I love you too!", I said back to her and got up and hugged her tight. I felt her shudder and saw that she was crying as well.

"Please stay right my side Ayla, I'm scared", Henna said