20

Kaisa sama hai,
Hum tum yahan hain, 
Zahir karun kya hain jou,
Mere iraaday.

I went back upstairs to my bedroom and looked around the room. I decided to try my luck again with Salaar, I needed to explain my side of the story to him. I had decided that I wanted him to know the entire truth about how my entire relationship with Shehryar is. I just hope he understands. I, then, received an email ping from Salaar.

 I, then, received an email ping from Salaar

So he was awake, he was just avoiding me. Great! I lost a friend. If only my life couldn't get more miserable. I don't blame him for this reaction though, if the same would've happened to me, I would go through the same amount of heartbreak. I responded back with an ok and indulged myself into sketching. After hours and hours of me trying to make something and fail, I decided to sleep on it and try again the next morning.

I woke up at 7am and noticed some commotion around the house. I freshened up and went downstairs to find baba in formal clothes and aunty in the kitchen making breakfast for him. I was a bit confused because aunty was to be at Saima baaji's house and secondly why she didn't wake me up. I walked into the kitchen and asked if she needed help with anything and she just replied very sweetly that she didn't and told me to go wait in the dining area. 

I walked in there to find baba sitting with his newspaper, all dressed up. I wanted to talk to him about what he said yesterday, but I needed to find a time where aunty wasn't home.

"Assalam Alaykum baba! How are you feeling today?", I asked him

"Wa Alaykum Assalam bacchay! I'm doing a lot better than yesterday, I forgot to take my medicines yesterday na, that's why, I wasn't feeling well", he replied

"Baba you know, you're not to skip them right", I said, lightly scolding him

"hmmmm", he said, looking at me sheepishly

"Khair baba, why are you so dressed up, you look really nice though!", I said

Baba smiled at me and said, "I'm taking charge of the Toronto office again, effective today" 

"But why baba? I thought you retired? And wasn't the Toronto office, Shehryar's domain?", I said

"Haan I did retire, but I've transferred Shehryar to our Scarborough office, so I'll be the boss here again", baba said

Before I could ask him any more questions, aunty walked in with the breakfast and the rest of the breakfast table was spent in silence. After I did my breakfast, I decided to clean up around the house because it was a mess from the wedding yesterday. I was cleaning up when baba came and informed me that he was leaving and nodded for me to come outside in the porch. I walked outside and he said,

"I need to talk to you about something really important, but since your aunty is home right now I cannot, when I come back from work today, you can pretend that you need to go and get some things from the store and I'll come with, we'll talk then"