Her Lament

"Where are you

"Where are you.."
Y/n takes a long pause to look down at her reflection in the still water.

"Here me, my sanity. Which lies below the surface of water before me. What say you when I pledge my oath to you back when I was young? Do you remember it? I shall repeat it"

It felt like I was in too deep with my own thoughts coming out from my mouth rapidly.
My eyes prickled with salty tears streaming down my puffed cheeks which already were red from the mixed emotions I have been feeling since the accident.

"I shall not speak of the day where I lost it all. At any cost it keeps locked within the caged heart of mine. I shall bring myself forward and move on with the tough act I bring forth to make sure I don't get cold feet. Lastly, For what I have done that started this all, Any bad day, hurtful comments, negative thoughts, or physical pain I receive is nothing more then punishment"

My bottom lip quivered as I spoke such heinous things that I had been forced to follow. A few tears escaped and landed in the water, my reflection now nothing more than ripples of someone I try to be.

And yet,
I don't even know who this person is...

Not far from where y/n was, there were glistening eyes watching her every move. It was far off in the waves camouflage but it could visibly see and hear her clearly. His head bobbed up and down to balance the way the waves pushed his form.
We need to stop meeting like this sleeping beauty.

The curled hair girl spoke up very quietly but echoed slightly.

"Here me oh great vast ocean that stretches miles and miles upon end. I beg of you to swallow me whole back when I was brave enough to conquer my fear. You are dark and mysterious yet calm and quiet. Men sore through you like planes in the sky, coming and going there is no stopping one's dream. But what is it that screams a silent plea? Is it the emptiness of the waters silence? Or Davy Jones begging for souls?"

"Neither. It was nothing more then my painful pleas to bring back what was taken from me. The one thing I wish to gain again."

She takes a deep breath.

Waiting...

Hoping...

For an answer...

That never came in the silent of the dark clouds gloomily covering the sun.

I clench my forearms tightly as I hear absolutely nothing but the water slashing against hard rocks and sliding on soft sand. My head hung low with my legs rising up as my body curls into a fetal position sitting upright. I couldn't do it anymore. This overpowering feeling of mine just wouldn't go away. My tears begin falling. Falling slowly on my exposed skin as I sit in complete quietness.