Chapter 1: Summer Moon

Marie's Pov

"And she lives happily ever after with someone else's mate" I say as I slowly closed the book in boredom and look back at my computer blankly.

I am supposed to finish my school assignment before I went to the camp but I was too lost only to be disappointed in the end by the book I was reading.

I have so many questions to ask but I don't think there is a sequel to this book. It is better to let it go than arguing about it.

"Ehhh I wish I didn't read that book." I mutter.

"Ahhh but you did read" says my wolf Bree.

"Yeah and that author didn't do well in her job" I argue.

"But you have read her work," she counter back.

"Oh shut up," I say and let out a groan, throwing the book on my study desk.

I get Bree's point but I was so interested that I  spend my whole night and never gone to bed. The only time I get to put it down was when I had a shower and getting ready for today's event.

"Let it go" says Bree as she instruct me to breathe in and out. I followed her instructions but nothing works I am still sulking over that book.

I stood up and try to stretch my body. Then I threw my hands up in surrender as its not working too.

"It's what you get when you don't do nothing else but read" says my wolf.

"Can you not" I tell but she retort "what?"

I sigh and let my thoughts run through my head. I won't be expecting to be loved by my mate.

If these books says that rejection is the most cruelest thing and a number one issue within our werewolf community then I won't be expecting any less from my fated one.

I do believe that this would happened to anyone not limited to me.

"Why do you believe in what those humans wrote. They know nothing better about us" says my wolf, interrupting my thoughts.

"And you know this because?" I shrug my shoulders and waited for her answer.

Bree scoffs at me saying "umm because I know better than you. I have lived in this world for centuries."

Ouch. I know I'm like her third host but she did not need to shove anything in my face.

"You asked for it" she retorts.

"Whatever" I say in annoyance.

"Nisha, are you ready?"

My door open and my mom step inside of my room without knocking. She always loves calling me by my middle name and never gave me some privacy.

I look at her and then to my unpack suitcase lying on the bed and my clothes still hanging in my open closet.

Perfect. I haven't even done anything at all.

"Nisha, you better pack your stuff or I'll whip your ass young lady" she raised her tone, giving me a dead serious look.

I did not waste another second as I know my mom when she's angry. Believe my words, she would definitely smack me for not following her instructions.

She's not abusive but it's her way of discipline. I know there is a thin line between discipline and abusive. And no my mom is totally not an abusive woman.

She may have slap or whip my ass with her broom but never did it get to the point where I have bruises and I am being taken to the hospital.

I zip the suitcase and put it on the floor. My mom look at me with a smile and said, "now wasn't that so hard?"