Chapter 7: Friends

Marie's Pov

"And that's our plan for tonight," concludes Jaxon. He didn't even seem to be the type who jokes around as he stands in front of us. His expression and voice tone says it all.

"Now, do you have any question?" he asks around and no one speaks or raised their hands up immediately.

Not until one brave guy in the middle raised up his hand.

I can see Ed raising his brow at the poor guy. It's like he is telling him not to even bother.

However, the guy who raised up his hand looks confident enough. He seems proud, and anyone could easily tell that the guy is one of those pups who thinks that it's fun to tease and make fun of his teacher at school.

The type that doesn't have any questions but wants to ask just to annoy the teacher and draw attention to himself.

The poor guy forgot that we're not in school. We're in a camp with people who don't sugar coat their words and takes shit from people like him.

I mean wasn't he in the hall when they pull that stunt on us. Does he know my mate's brooding and dangerous side?

I haven't fully known Jaxon but our encounter made me caught some side of him.

"Hmmm," he coughs, clearing his throat. "I..." he starts but one hard glare from Jaxon with his domineering voice booms around the cabin, making the poor guy eyes widen.

Oh No!

"You what?" Jaxon asks him and the guy looks regretful and cowers back immediately.

"Speak up" says Jaxon in a low dangerous voice.

"I... I am sorry sir. I... I don't have question... I'm sorry... " apologizes the guy, lowering his head in fear.

I gulp nervously as Jaxon actions towards the guy remind me of his earlier warning at me.

'Where I am is where you belong' his words resonates in my head which made me shiver to the core. It does sound promising and I know that he won't leave me alone.

However, it's not only him who can make promises. I have also made a promise to myself that I will try my best to keep away from him.

I really do hope for this summer to end soon.

"We're not in a mice and cat game dear" says Bree in my head and I shrug my shoulders.

"Good," said Jaxon, snapping me out of my trail of thoughts.

I glance to the front to see him dragging his gaze around our group and right before his eyes made contact with mine I immediately cast my head down. My eyes focused to my lap avoiding his gaze.

"You are dismissed" order Jaxon but I could still feel his eyes burning on me.

It is like he is only saying it to everyone but not me. I avoid him and quickly stood up, walking out of the cabin without looking back. We've been there for two hours and I'm so glad it's over for today.

"So you're related to Nixon Barlowe," says someone from behind me.

I halt in my step. What's with everyone finding out that I'm a Barlowe. I never knew my family is famous.

All I know is that we're normal like other werewolves families. I don't recall being on the news for wanted or documented in any historical book.

I turn and find the two that were next to me in line earlier at the lake side looking at me, probably waiting for my response.