Chapter 6: Where You Belong

Marie's Pov

I shouldn't have said a shit like that to him but his words and body closure to mine unease my breathing and made my heart pounded nonstop.

It's crazy to have those feelings surreal me for the first time especially when I felt something fluttering in my stomach.

However, I heard from my mom that it's natural to feel that way if I encounter my other half and I guess she was right.

I walk back inside the hall with my shoulders droop down and head bow. I didn't even bother to look at where I'm going. Luckily the familiar tiles pattern help guide me back to the hall.

I close the door and rest my head on it with eyes close. It strange that I don't hear voices surround me. I open my eyes and surprise not to see anyone around.

I then walk out to the front door and asked a guy on the side, "hi do you know where everyone has left to go?"

He frown, slowly raking his eyes over me. It wasn't one of those look where you feel disgust rather he is looking as if I am worth to be answer to or not.

I huff and about to look for everyone on my way when he finally answered "they already scatter into groups. What's your house?"

"Blood Rose?" I reply as if I'm unsure.

"I think they're by the lake," he says and move to walk away.

"Thank you" I say and wave at him before running out of there.

I remember I had seen the lake earlier upon my arrival. So I quickly made my way there, searching which side of the lake my team is at.

When I see the blood rose logo on a banner in an open area and a well built cute blonde lining up our group in a straight line. I quickly run to their direction and stood beside another male, right at the end of the line. There is no time to look around for Annadin as our instructor seems a bit scary.

"What are we doing?" I ask in a whisper.

"I don't know" reply the short red head guy with a piercing nose. He's second to the guy next to me. I nod my head and turn to face in the front.

"My ass is burning from his screaming" says the one next to me which made me giggle and I quickly stop when I see the instructor glaring at me.

"What did I say about manners," said our instructor to our group and his eyes rest on me.

"No lateness and be respectful" screams everyone.

"And what is the number one punishment if you don't abide those rules," he yell back at our team.

"Nothing" I thought as everyone in the line shouts, "1 mile run and 360 push ups."

'That's two punishment' giggle Bree and I smile because she is right.

"Good. Now eyes to the front and don't you dare follow your gaze on me," he warns everyone.

I straighten my back and look at the beautiful scenery before me. The water glitters by the rays of the sun. However, as much as I want to get lost in the scenery, I can see the instructor from the right corner of my eyes walking towards me.

I wish for that moment that he would go ahead in another direction. Unfortunately he stops right in front of me with arms crossed over his chest.

"You were late Ms-" he say, and stop then he gestures for me to tell him my name.

I clear my throat and say "Marie Nisha Barlowe." I know I have repeatedly introduced myself today to almost everyone but I am proud to say my whole name over and over again.