6 |

𝖆𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖊𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖊 𝖊𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖊 𝖊𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖈𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖒𝖚𝖘.

•••

30th Floor ;
Khun Eduan ;

Whoever coined the term ‘falling in love’ must have had the world crashing down on them before waking up to the realization that it was the kind of loving that was more painful than rewarding, and Khun Eduan will never acknowledge it so long as he lived, because the notion of falling was not fun in the slightest. Everything in his body ached until his senses dulled, and the bittersweet taste trailing after the thought of Arlene Grace having full, consensual ownership of the subject of his affections, left a stinging sensation in his tongue.

However, it was not like Eduan was clueless either. He had suspicions back then— when he endured the woman’s wrath seamlessly, and V was never known for his subtlety regarding the deep sense of loyalty he always had for Arlene. It’s just that the spearbearer took his privileges a bit too far that it backfired, and now he is left to pick up the pieces of his tampered pride for ever thinking that there could be more between them than just an accident.

“If you were opting to reject me, you better lose that face you’re making, V. Besides,” Still, Eduan heaved out a burdened sigh, ruffling V's hair to a mess for his own personal indulgence before reverting his emotions back into his usual laid-back demeanor. “Did you really think someone as esteemed as myself would have time for something so trivial? With our plans of world domination? You should have seen the look on your face earlier, V. It was hilarious.”

And complex. Genuine. Tragically beautiful.

“Do you actually mean that?”

‘Damn it.’

The bluenet threw a deadpanned look at him, barely keeping his composure in check as a strange feeling of annoyance threatened to cloud his judgement. “Must you really display such obvious exhuberance in front of the person who is supposedly professing his undying love for you? I never knew you had this level of cruelty within you, V.”

“I didn’t mean to—!” Eduan cut the other off by leaning unto him, his weight dragging both of them down until their backs are pressed against the rooftop. “I know. I was just teasing you— Hey!

“I’m serious, Eduan.” The latter pursed his lips, defiantly interlocking their eyes. “Don’t desire me. Don’t favor me. Hell, don’t even think about me as something more than a comrade.”

The bluenet clicked his tongue. “Douche.”

“I just don’t want people to have expectations that I cannot fulfill. Take, for example, love. How can you give something you never had, Eduan?” The ravenet smiled amicably, then gazed at the midnight sky, and all the bluenet could think about was how his companion could utter such lies. How can anyone possibly not love every version of V?

“You are such an asshole.” V chuckled, stretching his arms out to guide Eduan’s head towards his chest as his cobalt blue eyes became dazed with drowsiness. “Don’t worry, though. I don’t think I like you enough to tolerate Arlene’s inevitable presence in a future with you.”

The Khun yawned, feeling his eyes growing heavier as his friend’s warmth comfortingly enveloped him. “However, in the instance that you choose to escape your obligations once and for all, tell me where you are headed and I shall come to you.” ‘Or I might just have to chain your wings down before you could even think of flying.’