14 |

𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖘 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖎𝖘 𝖛𝖔𝖑𝖆𝖙.

•••

125th Floor ;
Khun Eduan ;

"Eduan."

It was on the 125th Floor that the cracks forming around their supposedly unbreakable bond began to resurface- perhaps even earlier than that. But, how was Eduan supposed to know, when every single day spent since that fateful day in the 71st were some of the only moments in his life that he wished would never end?

Hands secretly intertwined beneath tables, sneaking longing glances whenever their paths crossed, secret nightly rendezvous- Khun Eduan was drowning too deep, becoming greedier by every passing second, but he was not complaining. Although they weren't official nor were they even a couple, it would still be obvious to anyone that the wavecontroller was spending a considerable amount of time with him than his master.

The bluenet, enchanted by amethyst, was pulled out from his trance by the stinging pain from his cheek coming in contact with the coldness of the perpetrator's palm. "Hi?"

"Did she do this?" V's gaze softened with worry as he examined the discoloration, but Eduan, apparently had other plans, burying this image of him within his memory because he knew another part of the man that nobody in V's long directory of owners had, belonged to him. "Did Lady Arlene truly lay a hand on you?"

"Would you believe me if I said no?"

"With this busted face? Of course, not!" The brunet sighed and reached for his inventory to summon an ointment, rubbing its contents against Eduan's bruised cheek, the pad of his fingers lingering a little longer on the other's lower lip. "What did you even do to earn her ladyship's ire, making her hurt you to this extent?"

Again, it was someone else's fault before it was her own. It had always been this way since childhood, especially after the eldest Grace died, he was told. Sometimes, he wanted to dissect V's brain and examine what kind of thoughts ran inside his mind to be able to justify why he was not allowed to form meaningful relationships with other people his age. It's all just too... unhinged. Even for someone from the Khun Family.

Eduan hesitated for a second, a sheepish expression painted across his face as he finally blurted out, "I may have done something... stupid." 'And selfish.'

"And what exactly is that?" V asked, his voice laced with concern, sensing that something was wrong.

"I may or may not have offered to buy your contract back," the blunet confessed.

"You... what?!" V's expression was a mix of shock and confusion, his jaw dropping in disbelief. "Why in the world would you do that?!"

"I don't know what came over me..." Eduan said, his voice trailing off as he observed how V's eyes shifted from that of concern, fury, then utter defeat. "I just didn't want to see you viewing yourself like some kind of commodity."

He wrapped an arm around the brunet's shoulders once he had calmed down a bit, and led him inside the courtyard. He knew V needed time to process the news, and he was willing to at least give him that space. They walked in silence for a few minutes, the only sound that could be heard being the rustling of leaves and the sway of their clothes.

How could Eduan invade V's privacy and meddle with his affairs? The Khun might have become too conceited because of the attention he had been given. He should have sewn inside his thick head that V bound himself in this type of life willingly. Even if it pains him to completely accept that fact.