19 |

𝖔 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖓𝖆𝖒, 𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖚𝖓 𝖔𝖒𝖓𝖎𝖚𝖒 𝖒𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖒.

ー・ー

Aguero's cold- a little too cold.

It definitely did not help that the 111th Floor was Khun Eduan's personal touch of a winter wonderland, where everything is submerged in subzero, as if a desperate attempt to preserve something. If not for the subtlest rising and falling of his chest, and the clouds of solidified air forming at the faintest of breaths, Bam would have mistaken the young Khun as a taxiderm- beautiful and immortalized, a lifeless display frozen for all eternity.

Such a frightening thought for such a possible future.

"Boo~"

Bam's alarm senses went haywire in his head, almost successfully forming a baang if he didn't catch a glimpse of familiar electric blue locks. "My Lord... it's you."

"Such a severe reaction." the family head chuckled, the signature wine bottle and glass clinking as he situated himself beside the brunet. "But, considering you were literally in the midst of a brewing war not so long ago, apology accepted."

He should have rejected the invitation to the Hidden Floor. The temptation of knowing more about the dysfunction that was his biological family. The threat of not upholding Aguero's end of FUG's bargain. The thrill of having his life hanging on a thread all to obtain power.

"I hope you forgive my impudence this once, my Lord."

'If only I restrained myself, he wouldn't... Aguero wouldn't-'

Eduan patted Bam's head in response, before turning to the glass coffin that contained his son, in front of him. "How are you?"

"He went critical earlier, but thankfully soon stabilized." He tapped the glass repeatedly, gently, despite the probability of being frostbitten. "Though, he remains unawake."

"It is you that I am actually here for, Viole." The man caught his palms, blowing warm breaths on it like the brunet was a child suffering the consequences of playing in the snow. "When was the last time you had a full rest?"

Bam recoiled, nervously laughing as he retreated his hand. "I believe we're way past worrying about my health at this point, your Grace."

"This Agnis brat already has a lot of attention on him as soon as the rest of your team landed. If I join in on the fiasco, who would keep an eye on you?"

The Family Head was right, as always. It wouldn't do the revolution any good if he were the next to fall. But, isn't this the least he could have done for failing to notice the lurking danger at the most pivotal moment? Undoubtedly, Khun Eduan, his master, should be the first person to understand his frustration. Undoubtedly, if this were to happen to him and his father, he would have done the same.

"I should be the least of your concerns, your Grace. Besides," Undoubtedly, if this were to happen to V, Eduan would have done the same. "You're one to talk."

The spearbearer scoffed. "I am an immortal! I am insulted that you deem me as someone so in need of protection. Insulted!"