10 |

𝖍𝖆𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖓𝖔𝖓 𝖍𝖆𝖇𝖊𝖗𝖎.

•••

Khun Eduan masks his loneliness and bides his time with the same regal, ultimately strategic, but crazed bearing he equally gave to both his enemies and allies alike, that perfectly covered up the cracks created by his weaknesses, as he bid adieu to the two children who made four years of his awfully long life a little less shittier than usual.

To be honest, he was unnecessarily surprised with that little stunt they pulled near the edge- of the pawn named Sivori holding a sword against the son of V's neck, the latter cutting his hair and himself, and Khun Aguero Agnis and him jumping off and disappearing into the light— when he shouldn't have been. Those two have always been stronger together than apart, and hopefully, the Tower would spare them the measly kindness they did not get to have during their time.

"Transgression."

Though, it's not like he was fond of the past either.

Perhaps it was the way the Khun Family Head scourged the seemingly endless castle through muscle memory alone, as if he had not been missing in action behind the scenes for millennia now. Contrary to his needlessly high expectations, nothing particularly significant had changed since he last stepped foot inside this horrid place. Although renovated with golden hues which were meant for pure royalty alone, modernized and brimming with advanced technology and innovation— basically a utopia, it was still as repugnant as Eduan remembered it to be.

He never understood why Jahad would want to spend eternity and a day just cooped up inside, observing, occasionally meddling with people's fates like simply braiding chords. The man didn't want to be imprisoned by the rules of the Tower, so he created yet a smaller— however extravagant, prison. It's no wonder he went insane, though, Eduan couldn't exactly say he hadn't seen this coming either. Jahad had an adventurer's blood flowing through his veins and maybe— just maybe, he wasn't suited to become king.

"Your Majesty, Lord Eduan of the Khun Family has arrived."

If it was up to him to choose someone who would be a rightful ruler of this Tower, it would undoubtedly be...

"You may enter."

The aforementioned nodded at the courtier who was doing a terrible job displaying apathy at the moment, while throwing a premium grade gem at him as he scurried off as if his tail was tucked between his legs. While Eduan could have commented in jest that he had his servants better trained than this, if he were in this attendant's shoes, he would have also cowered under the presence of the King and three of the Ten Great Family Heads.

Hypothetically.

"You're here." Speaking of, Arie Hon spoke first, seated adjacent to Jahad where in front of them laid a running simulation of the Wall of Peaceful Coexistence, where, if he recalled correctly, several war heroes were sealed. "I thought you've finally died."

Eduan scoffed internally before flashing a sickeningly sweet grin. "You should have told me you've missed me so much, Arie Hon~ I could have hastened my return if you wanted to."

"And disturbing a peaceful millenia by risking seeing your face? No thanks."

"No wonder my allergies are flaring up, a filthy dog is nearby." The bluenet smirked triumphantly as the Arie Family Head fumed. He's just so easily angered it's entertaining.