04. The Big Empty

MADISON, WISCONSIN - BAILEY'S HOUSE – NIGHT

Wes Bailey opened the door, got home. He moved to the kitchen and turned the light on. Suddenly, he heard a voice belonging to his wife, Erica Bailey.

"Hi," Erica greeted.

Wes was surprised, but not shocked. "No." Erica nodded. "How? You're... dead."

"I was. But..." she got closer to Wes, "aren't you gonna say hi back?"

"Hi."

"I missed you, Baby Bear."

Erica leaned in to kiss her husband. Instead, she stabbed him. Wes fell to the ground with a thud, dead, blood pouring everywhere. Erica left the house.

BUNKER – MORNING

Sam entered the bunker with breakfast. "Hey. How you feelin'?"

Dean was working on his laptop. Dean looked up at Sam, but didn't reply.

"What you, uh, working on?" Sam asked.

"Dead guy in Madison. Police say it was a home invasion, but neighbor claims that she saw the Vic's dead wife leave the crime scene," Dean informed.

Sam came down the stairs. "Let's check it out."

"What, you ready to ditch Damien and his evil sister? What do you wanna do? Leave them in a ring of holy oil with some Netflix and a frozen pizza?" Dean asked.

Sam said sarcastically, "Ha. No. Actually... I thought we'd, uh, bring them along."

Dean scoffed. "Uh, hell, no. What, "Adventures in Babysitting" the Antichrist and his evil sister? No, thank you."

"Dean, we can't hide them forever. And, you know, just keeping them cooped up here isn't working."

"Yeah, it is, actually. You wanna know why? Because as long as they're here, they're not out there doing God knows what. So what, does this mean that your plan for bringing Mom back isn't working? 'Cause I'll say it again — our mom's dead, Sam. Lucifer ripped out her freakin' heart. Now, the sooner you can wrap your head around that, the sooner we can all move on."

"So you're saying you want to move on, from Mom?"

The brothers stared at each other before Dean said, "Right now, I wanna kill some dead guy's dead wife."

"Dean, that isn't what this is about. Jack and Jayci need to get out. They need to get some air. We all do. They're good kids. They are, just... give them a chance, please. For me."

Sam knocked on Jack's door.

"Jack?" Sam asked, opening the door. "Hey."

Jack and Jayci were watching 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' on his computer.

"'Clone Wars'?"

"The computer said I'd like it. Jayci and I do like Ahsoka. Kinda hate Anakin," Jack replied.

"Uh... that's probably for the best. Never mind. Um, hey. You remember when I told you what Dean and I do? Our, uh, our day job?"

"You kill monsters because you're the good guys," Jayci said.

"Right. And we've got a case, so... we thought you might want to come along."

"No," Jack and Jayci replied.

"Jack, Jayci, I really think this would be good for you. You know, maybe a change of scenery might—"

"Get our powers working again?" Jack interrupted.