15. Optimism

A girl walked across the street and said, "Good morning," to a man sitting on the bench.

She walked to a library and unlocked door and went in. She started putting away books from a cart.

A hand tapped her on the shoulder.

Harper gasped.

"Whoa, whoa. Harper, it's me," Winston said.

"Winston, God."

"Sorry, I just ah, ah, just wanted to make sure we are still on for, you know, dinner tonight?"

"Uhm, yeah, sure."

A man came around corner holding a stapler as a weapon. "Harper!! Are you okay? I heard a scream. Is this guy causing trouble?"

"This guy? Miles, we went to high school together," Winston said.

"Miles, we talked about you minding your own business. Didn't we?" Harper nodded. "Put the stapler down."

Miles folded up the stapler. "I heard a scream."

There was an awkward moment as the three looked at each other, then Miles left.

"He's always been creepy," Winston told her.

"He's just overreacting because nothing ever happens here," Harper replied. "Nobody comes to the library anymore. Not even for story time. Isn't that sad?"

"Well, I'm here."

Harper smiled. "I'll see you tonight."

"For our date."

"For dinner. Which I'm sure will be a very nice time."

Winston left, walked out of library, pumped his fist, and grinned.

He strolled down the street to the music of the Bee Gees. All of a sudden, a hand grabbed him by the face and he screamed.

BUNKER

Jack and Jayci were sitting in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee. They were pouring lots of sugar in as Dean walked in.

"Geez, what's up with the sugar?" Dean asked.

"Well, without my powers everything tastes different so, I can't get this how I like it," Jack replied.

Jayci looked up at Dean. "I like it really, really sweet."

"Seen Sam?" Dean questioned.

"He went to meet up with Charlie. You were on an overnight run to Mary and Bobby's place. He said it couldn't wait," Jack said.

---

Sam and Charlie were sitting in a truck looking bored.

Sam sighed. "So this is where all the people are missing?"

"Yep," Charlie said.

"Right..."

BUNKER

"So he just left you two here, Huh?" Dean asked.

"Yep, Sam wanted someone around when you came back. He's worried about you."

"Yeah, that sounds like him."

"Dean, what happened with Michael, no one blames you," Jayci told him.

"Cool, well I blame me, so..."

Jack coughed.

"Still with that cough, huh?" Dean asked as Jayci looked at her brother worriedly.

"Maybe I'm allergic to sitting around doing nothing," Jack replied.