33. Last Call

TEXHOMA, TEXAS - NIGHT - PARKING LOT - B'S SUGAR BAR

One woman supported her drunk and staggering friend as they walked to the only car in the lot.

"All right, we're almost there," Angela said.

"You're so good to me, Angela," Sally replied.

"Mm-hmm."

"What would I do without you? Hmm? What would I do without my best friend?!"

"Okay, Sally, okay, let's... let's just get you home."

"-Or..."

"Okay?"

"...Ryan said there was an after party at his house."

"No, no, no. No more after parties. No more drinking. No more guys."

Sally held a hand up to her mouth. "Uh-oh."

"Sally?"

Sally ran across the lot and was sick in the bushes while Angela got in the car to wait for her.

"Great. Purge your sins. Then we'll get you home."

While Sally was sick, Angela struggled against someone inside her car, and was overpowered. When Sally turned back around a few moments later, Angela and the car were both gone.

"Angela? Angela?!" Sally called.

DIMLY LIT BASEMENT

Angela was tied to a chair and an IV tube ran from her arm to a heavy door with a grated window, behind which something stirred.

"Hello?" Angela asked.

Angela struggled to get free, and whatever was behind the door growled and paced as her blood dripped into its cage. The monster grabbed the bars and growled at her, and Angela screamed.

BUNKER - DEAN'S ROOM

Dean sat in bed searching for something to hunt on his phone, scrolling through positive news stories with nothing out of the ordinary. "Anything? Crop circles? Body without a heart? Anything? Come on, Internet."

Dean stopped scrolling on a story headlined, "My Friend Was Raptured While I Was Drunk," below a photo of Angela, from the cold open. "Oh, hello. Yeah."

BUNKER - KITCHEN

Dean came in to find Sam and Eileen cheerfully preparing a massive breakfast. Jayci was sitting at the kitchen table, absentmindedly stirried heavily sugared coffee.

"It's never enough food," Sam said.

"Hey," Dean greeted.

"Ho-ho!"

"Hey," Eileen said.

"Look who's alive," Sam commented.

"Yeah, mostly," Dean replied.

"You hungry? We have, uh, eggs, pancakes, bacon."

"That real bacon? 'Cause, you know, you..." Dean looked at Eileen, and she gave him a knowing smile. "Are you two hungover?"

"We might've gotten just a little carried away with the margaritas last night," Eileen admitted.

Jayci nodded. "You two were really loud."

Dean grinned. "Ho-ho! I knew I liked you."

"Sit. Eat," Eileen instructed.

"No, no. Uh, nah, I can't."

"W-W-Wait, wait. Wait. You're turning down bacon?" Sam asked.

"Mm, yes, yeah, I'm actually... I'm gonna head out."