The Greatest War

Earth M-40K

About a few decades before Wolf's a̶w̶a̶k̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ birth

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN...a quick reminder of events"

A voice belonging to an eccentric and battle-thirsty deity echoed throughout space and time, calling out to the competitors forced into his senseless game to refresh their memories of why they were here.

"I, The Great X-Factor, The Great...GOD Of Great Games, have had the Great pleasure of having the Great front row seat of what was called, The Great Holy Grail War...but the Great machinations of my Great...GODLY Mind, started to grind and shed burning sparks as something irked me"

In a blinding green light, the X-Factor made his physical presence, for all to see as they tried their best to survive against their competitors.

"Why was it called the Great Holy Grail War...when I, The Great X-Factor, The Great...GOD Of Great Games...didn't even create it...?"

"And so! I, The Great X-Factor! The Great

"And so! I, The Great X-Factor! The Great...GOD Of Great Games, would love to reintroduce you all to..."

"...THE GREATEST HOLY GRAIL WAR!"

A light year away from The X-Factor's current location, the great planet of Ultramar was under siege. Attacks from every side of the planet stretched to the furthest sights, the rumbling of over a thousand 8-9 feet super soldiers falling onto the ground as they gained the Emperor's mercy via death in battle deafening the skies. As The Ninth Son, Roboute Guilliman, dropped to a knee...

Because thanks to the meddling of the X-Factor, The War-Master of the Chaos, Abaddon the Despoiler...

...He's looking for another...

"Rise, Weapon Of The Emperor," Abaddon teased, as he stepped down the smouldering piles of Ultramarine carcasses, "I wish to see the face of my next trophy,"

Guilliman wiped the blood off his mouth, "You will not live to see victory nor the end of this day," he claimed as he rose to his feet, with the blade of his father in hand...