DAY 3

He entered the room when I was trying to pin up the pallu of my saree. I am very efficient in tying up the saree but this one was really heavy and needed more than one pin.
"Help me with this pin this up here, here and here" I asked him to pin it up on shoulder in the middle and at the bottom of the blouse.
And he did it so easily like he does it on a regular basis. His fingers did touch my skin and it did gave me goosebumps, he has cold hands. But to my surprise he was so unaffected that he didn't even look at me when he was done helping me.
"Here, it's done!" He said and left, just like that.

That was rude.... He could have told me that I looked pretty.....I need to talk to him.

The function was so tiring. I had to keep touching everyone's feet and smile and make a small talk. We were having dinner when Karan spoke
"I hope all the rituals are done mom I have to go back to work!"
What? I wanted to know you... spend some time with you ... Atleast develop a friendship....
I just felt so unwanted in his life that I wanted to throw up and cry but I am stronger than that.

"Sunny you have to take Teju to her parents home you have a Pooja there and then bring her back that will be the last ritual" Meenu didi said.

"Mummy was asking if I could stay there for a few days pratik (my younger brother) will be leaving for the States in a few days." I asked.

"Yes! You can stay, you don't need to ask for permission beta." His mother said caressing my head.

"You don't have to pick me up from my Home, I anyways need some of my stuff so I will be needing to call for a small loading rickshaw, so me and Pratik will manage". I said while packing my stuff.

"No it's fine. I will come to pick you up, or else mom is going to beat the crap out of me." He said and chuckled.
"What Pooja mom was talking about?" He asked.

Just for his mom!!!!

"Oh! In Marathi families, we have a Satyanarayan Pooja after the wedding. I am sorry you have to delay the shoot for one more day, but we both have to sit for the Pooja." I was feeling guilty for asking him to stay at home for one more day.

"No that's just okay. And I didn't mean in any wrong way about your work. I just didn't know how difficult your work is, I am sorry." He said.

Sure.... I just nod my head. For me and Karan this marriage was.... I don't know how to put it. I was ready to get married but this arranged marriage thing was real awkward, I did not fell in love with him or for that matter I was not even having a crush on him but he was my husband and wanted to be part of his life and wanted him to part of mine. But he was being so difficult and distant. We need to have a conversation once I am back from my home. What is more irritating is this duality of thoughts I want to part of his life but at the same time I don't want be emotionally dependent on him.

Papa and Pratik came to pick me up, he helped with my bag and keep it in the car "okay! See you then!" He said shaking my hand.

"Yeah! Bye." I said and we left.

______________________________

Okay! So please avoid the mistakes and do vote and comment. I was planning on only writting Teju's POV, but suggest if I should write a few chapters on Karan's POV. also it's a story about how people fall in love after marriage the confusion and vulnerability they face in that process. It will be cute I guess to read.