DAY- 1 again.

TEJASSWI POV-

It was almost past midnight I think when I felt the other side of my bed dipped a little. I was damned too scared to turn around and see what or who was it, never was a fan of horror stories you know!

I managed to turn after so long and I heard the light sounds of someone breathing.

I poked him with my index finger. "Aaaaahhhh" he screamed because of my touch and I screamed too out of reflex.

"What the fuck do you wake people up by making them scared?" He was looking really scared.

I bit my upper lip to control my smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I am not here for you!" He said closing his eyes again.

"Then?" I acted to be a little angry.

"I am here for my wife! She was missing me!" He said, eyes still closed.

"Who said I was missing you? I was not!" I said hiding my smile.

"I am not talking about you, I am talking about my wife! She was missing me!" He said opening his eyes.

"And that's me!" I said.

"No! You are some stuburn girl, who just doesn't want to listen to me. My wife is not like that, when I met her the first time she understood me. She trusted on the bond we were going to share. She believed that it will take time to understand each other. You are no where like her." He said and turned his back towards me.

I slapped on his arm making him look back to me "what woman?"

"Your wife is a stupid woman by the way. Why didn't she listen to you if she was so nice?" I asked

"Don't you dare to say anything about my wife! I think she loves me and is a Little jealous but just shy to admit" he said turning his face to me again.

"Who said anything about love? I don't love you okay!" I said or was I in love?

"Okay 1- I am talking about my wife and 2- let her tell me this, you don't interfere." He said poking me in arm.

"Yeah whatever, sleep now!" I said and he closed his eyes smiling.

Was I happy seeing him here? Yes.
Did I expected him to be here? No.
Did I wanted him to be here? Yes.
Do I really love him? I don't know.
All I know is that I was feeling so good and I just wanted to hug him. Just like the first night of our marriage.

I poked him again "Yes girl!" He asked
"Are you going to stay?" I questioned him.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asked

"That's not the answer to my question, tell me are you going to stay?" I insisted.

"I am here to take my wife back, if she wants to stay, I will stay. If she wants to go back to HER HOME, I will take her home." He said "just let me sleep it's been long that I slept well."

When I heard him lightly snoring I kept my palm on his cheeks tracing my thumb on outline of his lip. He moved a little, I immediately removed my hand out of embarrassment. He was here and it was not a dream. I should have talked to him earlier but then I would never have realised that I do love him.

Next morning when I woke up he was not on the bed, I really got scared, what if he left. I ran down stairs without even washing my face.

There he was chopping vegetables for Sambar. I left a relived sigh, he gave me a wonderful morning smile. "Up already?" He asked.

"Umm hmmmm, so are you!" I smiled.

"What are you looking at?" Karan asked me when he caught me staring at him.

"I am not looking, I am just thinking something!" I lied, I was staring at him. He was looking really cute trying to understand the geometrical instruments kept on my study table.
"Ask me, I can tell you what is what?" I said.

"No, I mean I understand the basics like compass and huge ass protector and this 3D scale!!!" He mad e a weird face, making me laugh.
"That's no a 3D scale, it just have different measurement scales it's handy, you know..." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"But I have noticed you draw something on you laptop also.. What is that?" He asked curiously.

"Okay so mostly we work on tools like autoCAD or archiCAD.  But pencil and erazors are still your best friend as desiner you know." I told him on simplest way I can.

"Do you sketch as well?" He asked"I mean other then work! I have seen a huge sketch book in your stuff, in the study"

"You have been peeping? Yes I do, I like to draw. Have you seen all of it." I asked with a little bit fear. I was trying to sketch him for a long time, just after our first meeting. But his eyes were the most difficult to draw.

"No! I was scared of you!" I said smiling awkwardly.

"What?" I giggled. " I can show you some of my work, wanna see?"

"Yes please!" He said.

"It's so pretty" he said looking at the potrait of an old hindi film actress.
"Isn't this from that song 'ek ladki bhigi bhagi si' oh my god that's Madhubala ji!!" He said with huge excitement.

"Yes it is!" I said with a shy smile.

"This needed to be framed dude! Can I keep it!" He asked
"Hmmm hmmm" i hummed.

"So asking can actually work haa! You should try it sometimes!" He said.

"Is that a taunt!" I asked and he just shrugged his shoulders.

The whole day we were talking on the randomest of topics trying to avoid the main issue. It was almost midnight when me and Karan were trying to sleep. It was second time we were sharing the bed. Karan was facing the other side yet I knew he was far from asleep.
While I was trying to make a sensible sentence about what I wanted to talk about, when Karan turned his face towards me

" will you come home with me tomorrow?" He asked with so many doubts in his eyes.

"Do you want me to?"

K-" It's your home Tejasswi, it needs you! I need you!"

I was taken aback when he said he needs me, how do I answer that!

" I have some questions!"

K- "Ask me...."

"Do you really want this? Me and you?"

K- "more than anything! Do you trust me?"

"I am trying to, but again once I get all my answers I will be there."

K- "I understand."

"Will you ever cheat on me?"

K- " I can never!"

"Can we solve our differences?"

K- "Yes! If we give it time and keep the communication open!"

"I want to come to MY HOME! With you! Will you be there for me?"

K- "Till the day I die!" I saw a tear rolled down from his eye and disappeared into the pillow.
I kept my hand on his cheek "let's go home!!"