Pre-Job: Meet My Roommates

Y/N's POV

Yet another day had slipped by, just like countless weekends before, all wasted on doing absolutely nothing. I had this grand idea that having my own apartment would be awesome, but man, these lousy neighbors around me are driving me crazy!

Sometimes, I wonder if I should've just moved back in with my parents, but nope, I wanted to be all independent and adulting, thinking it would be a breeze. Well, here we are, right?

But let's be real, was I ever truly independent? My folks stumbled upon some old dolls in Grandma's basement when I was a little kid. One of 'em looked just like that Puppet animatronic from Freddy Fazbear's Pizza – you know, the place I used to adore.

I still have a soft spot for it, but ever since I learned about those creepy child murders that went down there, that place became a major no-go zone.

The only remnants of the Pizzeria days were these Puppet plushies I had, plus four other models I'd never seen before. Being a lonely kid with parents always out and about, I didn't have much human interaction. And boy, would that have been a problem if not for those plushies deciding to come to life.

I kid you not, these damn things just started moving around on their own, and they grew way bigger than they were originally. You can bet your bottom dollar I was scared out of my wits.

And it didn't help when they began talking! They tried to calm me down while I just bawled my eyes out. Eventually, one of them somehow put me to sleep, and after that, I don't remember much.

I tried telling my parents about it, but they chalked it up to a bad dream. I mean, who's gonna believe a kid, right? Fast forward a few months, and before I knew it, one of those Puppet plushies was basically raising me, along with the others.

Surprisingly, they turned out to be better guardians than my own parents, and I got to know those Puppets on a whole 'nother level.

First up, we've got the OG Puppet, the one who schooled me on manners, right from wrong, and everything in between. It felt like I was getting homeschooled even after the regular school hours. The funny part? He managed to cram more wisdom into one day than my teachers could pull off in a whole week.

Then there's Phantom Puppet, but I just call him Phantom for the sake of brevity. He's not all that different from Puppet, except he's got this cheeky streak in him. If I ever needed something (mostly food, let's be honest), Phantom had my back.

Though, I couldn't ask for anything too conspicuous, or I'd have to come up with some wild story to explain how I scored it. Phantom also had a knack for spilling the beans on stuff Puppet wouldn't teach me.

Now, Nightmarionne, that's the one who gives me the creeps to this day. He doesn't chat much, but when he does, it's either something spooky, menacing, or just plain bizarre. I remember this one time when I blurted out that I was getting bullied at school. He responded in this eerie tone, promising to "handle it."

The next day, the bully acted like I was a walking nightmare, avoiding me like the plague. I've got no idea what Nightmarionne did, but it definitely wasn't a walk in the park. And I swear, sometimes it feels like he's keeping an eye on me even while I'm sleeping.

Lefty, on the other hand, was pretty much a Puppet clone, just quieter and more reserved. He was the one who'd gently rock me to sleep and serenade me with lullabies.

Plus, he was a champ at consoling me when I was down and keeping my cool when I was ready to explode. Lefty even pitched in with household chores, making sure I didn't turn my place into a total disaster zone, whether by accident or, well, on purpose.