Night 5 1/2: Making Peace

It was the morning of the fifth night, and YN woke up.

"I wonder how the others are doing..." YN said, then yawning.

He saw Puppet sitting by his side.

"Morning, YN." Puppet said. "Today's your last night at work, how do you feel?"

"I'm glad I'm finally going to get paid to live correctly. I'd rather just get today over with." YN said.

"I understand. Get ready for work and do whatever you need." Puppet said.

YN nodded and got ready. Puppet went back to the others, more specifically, to talk to Lefty.

"How is the situation with Marionette?" Puppet asked.

"I believe she's still in doubt, but I haven't completely gone to her yet." Lefty said. "She doesn't seem interested in harming YN, which is good. However, she may just be waiting for the right time to strike."

"Do you think I could have a word with her, too?" Puppet asked. "I might just be able to convince her to stop bothering YN."

"It's not a bad idea, and I don't see why not." Lefty said. "However, I can't guarantee that she'll listen."

"Well, she listened to you." Puppet said.

"That is true, but I also promised her I wouldn't harm her or her associates." Lefty replied. "If she wants to find out whether or not I kept my promise, then she'll have to comply with her part, as well."

"I'm sure I can do something that will further enforce this promise, if anything." Puppet said.

"Hey Puppet, do you need me to teleport you and YN to the nightclub?" Phantom asked, chiming in.

"No need, it's time you took a break from teleporting other beings around." Puppet said. "I should be able to do it on my own."

"Alright." Phantom said, turning to SP. "SP, has YN been listening to the messages from the tape recorder?" Phantom asked.

SP looked confused. "Messages? What messages?"

Phantom facepalmed. "Nevermind, there's no point in listening to them now."

"I've remembered something." Lefty said. "YN has the choice to transfer to the new nightclub's location."

"Transfer?" Puppet asked.

"Yes." Lefty said. "His job is done here. It's not much farther away, and it would require less effort on his part. Granted, he has our aid."

"Has he made his choice yet?" Puppet asked.

"Not yet." Lefty said.

"That's unfortunate." Puppet said.

YN came out of the bathroom in his uniform. "Alright, let's go."

"Oh, and YN?" Puppet said.

"What is it, Puppet?" YN asked.

"I took the liberty of fixing the animatronics' batteries for you." Puppet said.

YN looked ashamed. "Damn it... I knew I forgot something that day..."

"It wasn't much of a bother, YN. Thanks to my advanced systems, fixing them was nothing short of simple." Puppet said.

"I'll remember next time." YN said.

Puppet chuckled. "You're welcome."

"Good luck." Lefty said before Puppet nodded and teleported YN and himself to the nightclub.

***

YN went inside, and met Michael, the last person he was hoping to see, considering what he knew he was about to ask.