07 - reunited

*summer break after freshman year*
*will and mike are together*
*mike pov*

My family argues the entire four hour car ride home from my nana's house as I sit with my headphones on, trying not to think about whatever is going on around me.

The trip was such a boring shit show that I basically had my headphones on the whole time, and I was usually only thinking about one thing : Will. It's been two weeks since I've seen him, and that's the longest we've gone in a few years.

The sight of him runs through my mind as we pull into the driveway, but my mom tells me that I can't see him until I unpack all my stuff, so I quickly grab my boxes from the trunk and pack all of it into my dresser drawers.

"You unpacked that fast?!" she yells as I say yes and slam the door behind me.

A smile the entire way to his house and realize that he doesn't know I'm coming. I didn't tell him officially what day I was coming home, so this is a total surprise for him. When I get to his house, I lean my bike against his porch and run up the stairs, running my fingers through my hair before knocking on the door.

A few seconds later I hear footsteps and then Jonathan appears in the doorway.

"Mike! You guys are home!" Jonathan says excitedly. He's obviously just happy Nancy is home.

"Shhh, I wanna surprise Will. Is he here?" I whisper.

"Yeah he's in his room. Go ahead." he whispers back, moving out of the doorway. I walk as quietly as possible and peek into Will's room to see him drawing at his desk, his back turned to me.

"What are you working on?" I say, his head immediately whipping around and his jaw dropping when he sees me.

"Mike!" he yells, jumping up out of his seat and collapsing into my arms.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming home today?!" he says, still wrapped in my arms.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." I say, smiling and leaning away. He had a huge smile on his face, and I take the opportunity to press my lips eagerly onto his, our lips immediately moving back into sync. I missed is addictive touch every second that I was gone.

"I missed you so much." he says, kissing my neck quickly and looking back at my blushing face.

"God, I missed you so much. I missed your gorgeous hazel eyes and your lips and your arms wrapped around me." I say, his face instantly turning crimson red.

"Wanna stay for a while and listen to music or just talk?" he asks, gesturing towards his bed.

"Absolutely." I say, kicking off my shoes and following Will to his bed. I lay down and drape his blankets over my body as he does the same, our faces only inches apart and our fingers interlocked under the covers.

"So how was your trip?" he asks.

"It was okay. My grandpa took me hunting but I was too scared to shoot anything and my nana took me shopping and bought me a bunch of new clothes that you can steal." I say, gesturing at my sweatshirt that he is currently wearing.

"Yesss I've been needing some new clothes." Will giggles, his smile warming my heart.

"What did you do while I was gone?" I ask.

"Dustin, Max, and I went to the arcade like every day. Max got new high scores on dig dug of course." Will says, laughing slightly.

"That's fun. I would much rather have been doing that with you then have been at my nana's house. Will bring away for that long made me realize how much I care about you. You make me so happy." I say, my face moving closer to his.

"I care about you more than myself, Mike. I can't imagine ever being apart from you for more than that long." Will says, kissing my cheek. He flips over and presses his body into mine, falling asleep only a few minutes later.