85 - happy sweet 16

•SUPER LONG CHAPTER - 2845 words!
•will pov•
•s4 - Will turning 16 not 15•

"Alright guys, you can pack up now. I hope that everyone has a great spring break." Mrs. Stevenson says, and just as she does, the final bell rings.

I jump out of my seat and swing my bag over my right shoulder, smiling at the thought of finally being free for a week. Not only is tomorrow my sixteenth birthday, but Mike is coming into town for the week.

When me and him were young, we always used to get each other the best gifts like board games and mixtapes, but once he started dating El, it turned into just a card, but I know that he knows how much I've looked forward to my sweet sixteen, and I can tell he's gonna get me the best gift ever.

I quickly walk out of the classroom to find El waiting for me by my locker.

"Hi!" she says, smiling wide. I know she's just as excited as I am about my birthday and of course about seeing Mike.

"Hey!" I say, putting some books in my locker.

"Are you excited for tomorrow? I am going to make you a birthday breakfast before we go to the airport." she says happily, smiling wide as she brushes her now-long hair out of her face.

"I can't wait." I say, closing my locker and walking out the back door with her. I see Jonathan's car parked a few cars up, and we walk in happy silence to where it is.

"Hey! How was your last day before break?" Jonathan asks as I climb into the passenger seat.

"It was good! I'm so excited to see Mike tomorrow." El exclaims, causing a wave of jealousy to course through my body. I see Jonathan's expressions shift as he looks to me quickly and then back to El.

Does he know?

I wouldn't be surprised if he knew. Me and Jonathan have always been close, and plus, it's really not too hard to tell how in love with Mike I am. Our relationship had always been different from mine with Dustin and Lucas, but it's not like I can ever act on it.

The rest of the day is filled with talk of my birthday and what we're gonna do each day of the week following along with cleaning the entire house so it looks good for when Mike arrives tomorrow.

~~~next morning~~~

I wake up and immediately there is a smile plastered on my face. It's my sixteenth birthday.

I climb out of bed and change into the outfit that I laid out the night before. A pair of baggy blue jeans, a brown The Cure t-shirt, and my beat up pair of black converse. I lace them up before walking over to the mirror and brushing through my hair slowly, getting distracted by the thought of Mike sleeping in here only twelve hours later.

I put sneak into Jonathan's room and put on some of the cologne that Nancy gave him a few years ago, spraying it on my neck so that when Mike hugs me, he'll notice.

When I'm finally done, I can already smell pancakes and bacon from upstairs.

I open my door and walk up the stairs to see my mom and El behind the stove cooking and Jonathan helping set the table with whipped cream, syrup, and juice.