61 - you're gone too

•they aren't together•
•will pov•

Mike and I are standing on my front porch only a few inches away, fighting. Rain is pouring down and it makes me feel almost nostalgic to our last big fight two years ago at his house. Things haven't been the same since that day.

Mike and I have become distant, even though neither of us say anything about it. Him and El decided to stay friends after they broke up about eight months ago, and ever since then, I've realized how in love with him I am.

Every night I lay in bed and sometimes I just sob because I know it'll never happen. I mean for fuck sakes, we're barely even friends anymore. Every single one of our fights is the same, him yelling at me for being too boring.

"Mike, I'm so tired of this." I say, the sound of rain almost deafening.

"You're tired of this?! I'm the one that has to hang out with you!" Mike says. Those words pierce right through me and I can feel tears well up in my eyes. I become nauseous and see the look of slight regret on his face. I would usually just give up at this point, but this stings too much to just let it go.

"Oh god, I'm so fucking sorry that you have to be my friend. At this point, I wouldn't even consider us friends!" I scream, tears streaming down my face. His face changes from regret to fear as I speak, but I just can't get myself to stop.

"I'm so sorry that you have to hang out with me. You were the only person left who I thought really cared about me. Dustin is too busy with Susie. Lucas is too busy with Max, and now you. You're gone too. You have no idea how hard these past few months have been for me. I've barely been able to get up out of bed each morning, but you - you were the only thing motivating me to live, and now you're gone." I sob, collapsing onto the porch.

I sit with my legs tucked under my knees and my head buried in my chest, crying loudly.

I practically jump when I feel a pair of arms wrap around me tightly, and a head fall on my back.

"Will I - Im so sorry." Mike cries, holding me close. I feel like I should push him away, but I can't. I just let him hold me and I hold him as we both cry into each other's shoulders.