48 - it has always been you

*they aren't together*
*mike pov*
*after their fight in the rain - el and mike have recently broken up though*

Lucas tries to come after me, but I tell him that Will won't wanna talk to me, much less the both of us, but it's at least worth me giving it a try.

I pedal as fast as I can through the pouring rain, a million thoughts racing through my mind.

I might have just ruined everything. I might have just lost the best friend that I've ever had in my entire life.

I begin to sob as I pedal into the woods, following the trail that Will's bike recently made when he left my house. I finally stop when I see Will fall onto his knees, a bat in hand. Castle Byers is destroyed. The whole thing is collapsed and in a big pile with Will sobbing in front of it.

"Will!" I say, throwing down my bike and kneeling next to him, the rain still coming down, just not as hard.

"Go away Mike!" he yells, burying his face in his hands.

"Will, I screwed up. I screwed up so bad. I shouldn't have said any of those things, especially the part about it not being my fault that you don't like girls." I say, trying to put my hand on his, but he pulls it away, standing up abruptly. I stand up to, and he begins to shake with anger.

"Did you ever think that it is your fault, Mike?!" he yells, our eyes locking. I can feel my stomach churn at his confusing words.

"W - What?" I stutter out.

"You've been so fucking clueless your whole life, Mike! I'm in love with you! There you go! The words I've kept inside for so long!" he says, sobbing. It feels like everything inside me stops. I can't move. I can't speak.

He says the words that I've been thinking since El and I broke up.

"Will..." I say, my voice trailing off.

"No, Mike. It's fine. You don't have to say anything. Just go home..." he says, turning around, but I grab his hand. I pull his body to mine, our chests touching. His breathing becomes heavy and staggered.

"What are you - " he says, but I cut him off by pressing my lips onto his. My hands grab his waist, pulling him close, but he leans his face away.

"Mike, don't kiss me because your sorry. Kiss me only if you mean it." he says, so I kiss him again. This time, he kisses back, taking my face in his hands as shiver trickles down my spine along with cold rain.

Our lips move in sync, one of his hands pressing against my chest and the other holding the back of my neck.

I didn't realize how long I've waited for this until it was actually happening, and let's just say it's a way longer than since El and I broke up.

After another minute, we finally pull apart, heavily breathing, his wet cheeks pink.

"You really mean it?" Will asks, my hands still on his waist.

"I'm in love with you, Will. I'm sorry for being such a douche, but it's because I was just scared. My feelings for you have gotten too strong - and I got scared." I say, him kissing my cheek.

"I know how you feel, Mike. Trust me. I'm just glad I told you." Will says.

"So am I. I really do love you, Will. It's always been you."