10 - movie night

*winter break of freshman year*
*will and mike aren't together yet*
*will pov*

I sit on my bed and begin working on a new drawing when I hear the phone ring.

"Will! Get the phone!" Jonathan yells. I groan in return as I quickly hop up out of bed and run to toe phone, picking it up and instantly becoming happy.

"Hey, Will! I was thinking of inviting the party over to watch a movie and wanted to see if you could come?" Mike asks enthusiastically.

"Yes! That sound so fun." I say eagerly.

"Cool! You wanna come over in like an hour?" he asks.

"Sounds great." I say, trying not to panic. That means I only have an hour to pick out at outfit that will hopefully impress Mike, do my hair, and rummage through the cabinets to find snacks to bring.

"Okay cool. See you soon." he says, hanging up the phone. As soon as I put the phone back on the wall, I run to my room and begin to dig through my drawers.

I pick out a pair of brown cargo jeans that I got for Christmas, a green sweater that is a little bit too big on me, and my green converse. I brush my newly cut hair and say goodbye to my mom before grabbing a bag of popcorn that I found and hopping on my bike.

The sun is now setting and beautiful shades of pink melt into purple as I pull into Mike's driveway, leaning my bike against his porch and knocking on the door.

"Will!" Mike says as he opens the door. I follow him down to his basement and become almost nervous when I realize that I'm the first one there. It must be obvious for Mike, but every single day I fall ignore in love with him. I just want to tell him and get it out of the way so I won't go on not knowing how he feels.

"Mike, I need to talk to you." I say, sitting down next to him on his couch.

"What's up?" he asks, locking his eyes with mine.

"Mike, I have no idea if you like me back or even if you will support me, but I like you. I like you more than a friend." I say, his eyes going wide.

"Will I like you too..." he says, Dustin interrupting and running down the stairs. Our eyes break apart and we turn towards him.

"Hey I'm just gonna use the bathroom." I say, running past Dustin and up the stairs, a million thoughts pounding in my head. I find the bathroom and shut the door, putting both my hands on the sink and leaning over it, looking at my blushing face in the mirror.

Mike Wheeler likes me back.

He doesn't just support me, he feels the same way.

This could be it. This could be what I have been waiting for my whole life.

I stand and stare in the mirror for a few more seconds before leaving and going downstairs to see the rest of the party sitting on the couch.

"You okay, Will?" Dustin questions.

"Yup! What movie are we watching?" I ask.

"I vote a scary movie!" Max says.

"Same!" Dustin agrees.

"Yeah me too." Lucas says.

"Sounds good to me." I say as El just nods in approval.

"You guys know I don't like scary movies!" Mike groans.

"Too bad! You're outvoted." Lucas laughs. I sit down next to Mike and Dustin sits down next to me. El is on a chair by herself and Max and Lucas are cuddling on another smaller sofa. I drape a blanket over Mike and I as 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 3' begins to play.

The movie plays and I am sitting comfortably until a jump scare causes Mike's hand to grab mine under the blanket in fear. I look over to him and he looks super nervous at first, but he doesn't let go. I slowly move my hand so that our fingers are interlocked under the blanket and I see his face blush in the light of the TV, mine doing the same.

I should probably need more than hand holding to make me happy, but right now, our fingers interlocked is all I need.