40 - ice skating insecurities

*winter of freshman year*
*mike and Will are together*
*will pov*

I walk to the small pond, ice skates in hand, and wait on a snowy bench until I finally see Mike walking towards me. I drop my stuff and run up to him, kissing him softly.

"Hi." I say quietly.

"Hi." he says back, taking his hand in mine and walking with me back to the pond. We both slip our ice skates on and he ties them for me, taking my hand and interlocking our fingers.

When I step out onto the ice I stumble into Mike's arms as we skate forward, but I immediately think about El. Did Mike ever ice skate with her? And if he did, did he have more fun then he is with me?

"What's wrong?"Mike asks, stopping and facing me.

"What?" I ask, shaking the thoughts out of my head.

"You look upset. Are you okay?" Mike asks, interlocking our fingers.

"It's just uh - I just feel a little insecure. I mean, you've dated people before, but I haven't. Sometimes I can't help but feel like all my firsts that I'm having with you are boring for you because you've done them before." I say, staring down at my feet.

"Will, come on, that's not true! I mean yeah, I've had most of my firsts with El, but that doesn't matter. I'm having them for the first time with you, so it still counts. Plus, I'm happy that all of your first times are with someone like me who truly cares about you. Who loves you, Will." Mike says, squeezing my hand in his. I can feel myself flush red at his words.

"Are you sure? You don't have to lie, Mike. I know you loved El." I say sadly.

"Yeah, but more as a friend. I am in love with you. You're my favorite person in the whole wide world." Mike says confidently. Butterflies swarm in my stomach as he moves a little closer to me.

"I'm in love with you too. Thanks, Mike." I say shyly. I stare down at my feet in order to hide my bright red cheeks, but Mike knows me way too well. He takes my chin lightly in his hand and tilts it up so that I'm at eye level with him.

"You're blushing, huh?" Mike teases, embarrassing me even further.

"Oh, shut it." I giggle as he presses his lips to mine. The kiss is quick, but he says we can go back to his house, and a get about a thousand more kisses from him as we sit by the warm fireplace and sip hot chocolate.

PLEASE GIVE ME IDEAS ON NEW CHAPTERS IM BEGGING U