Ar-Rasalam

I have used some of the ideas I previously solicited.

- Bokutotsu Zen'u

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 2

Sky above the rainforest area

While public security police officers dispatched by the National Police Agency were traversing the jungle on foot, Ryuji Kirioka, an illegal émigré they were tracking, was detained by Ar-Rasalam, an organization of radical Arabannese aiming to recreate the glory of their homeland, and together with them, he was riding a magic carpet to the ancient ruins of Afila Arabanna.

"Five hundred years ago, our homeland, the Arabanne Empire, boasted the greatest power in the history of the Juperia Continent... It is said that the Sword of Tyrfing that was in the hand of Emperor Hauroun Al-Rashikid at that time brought him victory in many battles."

Bir Awad Abdulrahman, the giant of a man who served as the head of Ar-Rasalam, was explaining the outline of the Sword of Tyrfing with a history book in his hand.

"But this sword can only bring victory to those who have a holy intention. On the other hand, it is said to bring ruin in the hands of those with evil intentions. The great emperor of the time, Hauroun, aspired to unite the continent with the goal of erasing war from this land. Therefore, he did not consider discrimination and mistreatment of conquered peoples to be good, and he also allowed freedom of religion."

It is said that in the distant past, Emperor Hauroun Al-Rashikid, who came one step closer to the unification of the Juperia Continent by acquiring the power of the sword, ruled generously over the conquered peoples. This ambition may have been the reason the sword chose him.

"But... Emperor Rashikid lost sight of his own goal along the way! The result was the rain of fire that has been etched in history!"

The power of Awad's voice grew stronger. He lamented the arrogance of the emperor at that time, who had been abandoned by the sword and judged by God. In reality, however, the "rain of fire" they were referring to was nothing more than a man-made attack carried out by a Japanese man named Yojiro Tomofumi and his band of men who had come to this world from 'another Japan'. He is not supposed to know that, but still, his words became even stronger.

"However... we will not make such a mistake! We will take over the reins of this country and unify this continent in place of the current feckless regime!"

"Wooh!"

The leader's words were echoed by his subordinates. A few dozen minutes later, with their excitement and anticipation at their peak, their long-awaited destination appeared before them.

"Here we are... that is the Afila Arabanna."

Hassamud Ahari, who was steering the carpet with a large group of people on board, announced that he had caught sight of their destination. Immediately after that, he and the other "If" sorcerers lowered their carpets' flight altitude and landed about 7 km away from the ruins.

. . .

Jungle

The men of Ar-Rasalam disembarked one after another from the carpet they have landed on. The 23 elite members of this organization, including its leader, Bir Awad Abdulrahman, rode the carpet to this point.

"Oi, get off!"

Kirioka, whose hands were tied behind his back, was dragged off the carpet by a man from Ar-Rasalam.

"...What are you going to do to me?"

Even in the face of overwhelming odds, Kirioka remained rude. Awad did not answer his question, but ordered his subordinates.