Part 4: Terralus vs Elmerand | March of the Destruction God 1

January 21

Ministry of Military Affairs, Esralem, Israfail Empire

Upon receiving news of the destruction of Fenia, the government of the Israfail Empire dispatched silver dragons from a base on the ground to the city to confirm the facts. Soon after, a message was delivered from the dragon rider who was on his way to confirm the situation.

"This is Damian from the Damascus Garrison dragon cavalry! The city of Fenia is burning! Furthermore, we have confirmed a huge flying object in the sky above the city!"

The voice of the dragon rider can be heard from a Japanese-made radio. This confirmed the fact that Fenia had been destroyed.

"Send a messenger to the Emperor at once!"

Albert Danan Gershwin, Minister of Military Affairs, ordered a bureaucrat standing nearby. The destruction of Fenia and the attack of the giant flying object that had caused it were then widely publicized by the government.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 22

Prime Minister's Office, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, Japan

In Japan, ministers and staff members gathered for an Emergency Ministerial Meeting to discuss countermeasures against the giant flying object.

"The giant saucer, which suddenly appeared from beneath Rhodim, has a diameter of 14,48 kilometers and is large enough to completely cover a single city. We have confirmed a city-like structure on top of the saucer, which we have dubbed the 'City Saucer.'"

Chief Cabinet Secretary Tatsuo Miyajima explained the saucer with a handout in hand. Defense Minister Kengo Kuraba stood up next.

"A ground surveillance satellite showed a city of the Israfail Empire being destroyed by this City Saucer. Thus, there is no doubt that it is being controlled by someone with hostile intentions toward this world. Since the trajectory of the saucer cannot be predicted, it is impossible to know which cities will be targeted, but at present... the 3rd Escort Group, which includes the aircraft carrier Akagi, has been ordered to the Central Ocean, and the Western World Assault Fleet, which was deployed to the Arabanne Empire's Sagroa Base, has also been ordered to head for the Central Ocean. In addition, in order to evacuate the Japanese who are staying overseas, the amphibious assault ships Oga and Shimabara and the transport ship Shimokita have been deployed to the Altian Empire and the Demi-Human Continent."

The Japanese government had already detected the annihilation of Fenia. Therefore, in order to evacuate Japanese people scattered all over the world, the Ministry of Defense deployed amphibious assault ships and landing ships to various locations. In addition, the Japanese government was planning to send the aircraft carrier Akagi and the 3rd Escort Group to the west to intercept the saucer.

"...Could we win?"

"The truth is... we won't know until we try. It's a completely unknown enemy."

In response to PM Inaha's question, Kuraba could only give a terse reply. They don't know what kind of armaments the enemy has, whether their attacks will work on them, or whether the saucer will come to the location where the fleet was dispatched in the first place.

"Meanwhile, the saucer is advancing eastward every second. We need to publicize this fact immediately and get it out to the world via the World Magic Telecommunications Company."

PM Inaha ordered the information to be made public. The Japanese government then announced the existence of the saucer at a press conference, and the Japanese people were horrified by the sudden appearance of the threat.