The Last Dragon: United Kingdom of Slephen

October 11

Tokiwabashi Central Tower Building B, Tokyo, Japan

A month had passed since that abominable incident. The Tokiwabashi Central Tower Building B, the tallest building in Japan, which exploded into flames and partially collapsed when a wild dragon crashed into it that day, is still in the process of being repaired and remaining inaccessible to the general public.

The rubble and debris scattered around the building had already been cleaned up, and the residents of Tokyo were going about their daily lives as usual. However, the incident, which resulted in a raid on the mainland, has left an indelible mark on the Japanese people's minds that they are not safe. The Japanese people's distrust of the government and conspiracy theories abound, and the Cabinet's approval rating continued to decline. Amidst these circumstances, Prime Minister Kotoku Inaha visited the site of the dragon's collision and held a press conference.

"Um... one month has passed since the incident. The government... is currently conducting an all-out investigation into the incident, but we have not yet reached a conclusion on whether the dragon's collision was an intended incident or just an accident."

"Is the government trying to cover up its mistakes?"

"What have you found out about the saucers?"

"I think the government is accountable!"

The gathered media hurled a barrage of questions. Inaha opened his mouth again, choosing his words carefully.

"As I mentioned earlier, nothing has been discovered about the dragon... but we have obtained some promising information about the saucers that attacked Kujukurihama from satellite photos taken by JAXA. We have discovered a structure in the Western World that appears to be the base of the saucers. We have already taken action to confirm the truth. I cannot give you the details now, but we will definitely deliver the truth to the Japanese people!"

In a booming voice, Inaha vowed to the media that he would reveal the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Same day

Atlantic Ocean near the Ezania Subcontinent, Western World

At that time, on the west side of the Juperia Continent located in the center of the world, four ships were sailing through the sea known as the Atlantic Ocean, the same name given to the sea that existed on Earth. The four ships consisted of the Sakura and Tsubaki, Sakura-class frigates, and the Murasame-class destroyer Harusame, all of which once made Maizuru their home port, plus the supply ship Ōmi. In the officer's quarters of the Sakura, the flagship of the four ships, the senior Self-Defense Force officers and members of the delegation gathered to discuss the mission.

"The name of the country we are going to is the United Kingdom of Slephen... the only one of the Seven Dragons that has not yet established diplomatic relations with Japan. It is the second newest of the seven countries, after Japan, and it has become one of the great powers after defeating the former power, the Great Sou Empire."

Shinobu Okawachi, a bureaucrat in the Foreign Ministry, explained information about Slephen. This country is even more closed off than the Israfail Empire, and the Great Sou Empire was turned into a de facto colony since it was defeated in war. Furthermore, this country is a belligerent nation that has been engaged in military actions against the Israfail Empire's vassal states scattered across the seas and has frequently been involved in skirmishes with Israfail.

"...This country is suspected of having built a base in the Sou Empire from which the saucers were launched, of having sent the wild dragon to Japan, and of having created the laser gun and providing it to an anti-Japanese organization in the Seiren Kingdom."