Final Battle Over Fukuoka 4

Flying Battleship Fusō First Bridge, Fukuoka, Sky over Nishi Ward

Five main guns were destroyed by the fighter planes' air-to-air missiles. The main guns of the Laskant, which caused huge explosions, have been obliterated without a trace, and huge black smoke is rising from them. The crew of the flying battleship Fusō, the trump card of the Self-Defense Forces, which was flying over western Fukuoka, also received this information via radio.

"There are still twenty enemy main guns left! Destroy all of them immediately!"

"Roger!"

In response to Captain Bando's order, Commander Minamisawa, who was in charge of the gunnery department, commanded his men in the CIC. Immediately thereafter, the two 35 cm twin main guns positioned at the front of the ship took aim at the main guns on the sides of the Laskant.

"Turrets 1 and 2 are ready to fire. Ammunition type, high-energy laser!"

"...FIRE!"

"FIRING!"

At Minamisawa's order, the gunnery officer pushed the firing button of the main gun. Red high-energy lasers were fired from the four barrels, hitting their targets in an instant and shot through the two main guns of the Laskant, which continued to charge its magic power, destroying them in the blink of an eye.

"Ready the next round, hurry up!"

The Fusō continued to fly along the flank of the saucer, destroying the Laskant's main guns one after another.

Fukuoka Prefecture, Sky over Kasuga City

Over Kasuga City, located just on the other side of the Laskant from where the Fusō was flying, pilots were eager to attack the main gun, which had begun its countdown to firing. However, they were unable to turn their fighters' noses toward the main gun due to the hail of magic laser beams from the cannons and the remaining small saucers.

"Shit...! There is no time!"

Vyacheslav Avksentevich, a former lieutenant colonel in the Russian Aerospace Forces who had joined the war from Iwakuni Air Base, was under relentless attack by the small saucers. In addition, most of the missiles and other ammunition of the ground, maritime, and air forces had already been consumed, making the number of planes available for attack considerably reduced. The main gun they could see from their vantage point was the only one left, and seeing it shine brighter and brighter, Vyacheslav and the others became more impatient.

Seeing this, one man decided to make a resolution. He was Colonel Rambal Enlargement, commander of the Altian Empire's dragon cavalry unit, which had participated in the battle as a decoy to divert the enemy attack from the fighter planes. There were only 10 or so dragon riders left alive, including him, and the ground was littered with the corpses of the warriors of this world who had died in the battle.

"...If I can defeat them here, I will gladly accept death for the good of this world. Just like those who died before me!"

Rambal's mind was filled with the smiling faces of his warriors. They were the ones who had died helplessly in the war with Japan 12 years ago and in the current battle against an enemy whose strength was too great to overcome.

'...Our country, which was almost destroyed by the Japanese, has been destroyed by Japan's power, and now our economy cannot survive without trade with the Japanese. And... I never thought that we would have to fight together with the Japanese to protect this world.'

Rambal pondered the oddities of fate. He let the wings of the dragon he was riding spread out to the fullest and headed for the Laskant's main gun at top speed.