Chapter 7

"Guess you have to help Hinata get a date with Naruto.." you mutter to yourself in bed that night staring up at your ceiling. You were remembering your conversation with the Hyūga, and doing so made the dull pain in your chest return. "What's it with these girls and me?" You asked yourself, "why can't I just get this chick out of my head? She's clearly in love with someone else so what, am I catching feelings?"

You mentally beat yourself up for that. "Don't, don't even think that way Uchiha. In no way should I even like that girl. She isn't. My. Type." Is what you kept telling yourself.

The very next day you were up bright and early thinking of all the different ways you would explain to Hinata why you couldn't help her get a date with Naruto. "I don't think he's the right person for you," you recited brushing your teeth. You smack your forehead for that idea, "no. If I tell her that she's gonna be mad at me. She's probably liked this guy for God knows how long!"

As you looked for a matching shirt to go with your jeans something else came up, "don't you think being with an Uzumaki might spoil your bloodline??..." You smack your head again, "stupid! That's just as insultive!"

"Oh! Oh wait!" You yelled during breakfast, "instead of going through all this trouble why don't you just tinder date??" You frowned putting your spoon back down in your bowl of cereal, "y/n that's the same shit as he's not the right person for you!!!" "Dear?" Mikoto spoke to you, "is everything...okay?"

The table was staring at you now. You nodded your head slowly, bringing your s/c hand down to your side after smacking yourself again. "Talking to yourself like you've lost it." Said Fugaku sipping on his coffee. "I haven't." You muttered at the man. "So what's the problem hon?" Mikoto asked you, "what're you stressed about this morning?"

Before you could answer Sasuke did. "He has to help Hinata get a date." You glared at your brother who didn't look your way. "Oh! Well isn't that fun! You have something to do for the summer, matchmaking!!" "Mom I'm not a matchmaker! I'm a damn Uchiha, I don't help girls get other guys I help girls get ME!"

Mikoto flipped her hair on you and shot you a nasty look. "Well I don't care who you are but you will not speak to me that way." She said, grabbing your cereal and throwing everything away. "H-hey, mom! I wasn't finished with that—" "then go out and get your own breakfast matchmaker!!" You face palmed and looked around the table, hoping for someone to pick up for you, but no one looked up.

"You all agree with this?..Fine! I'll get my own breakfast then!" You grab your keys and you put your shoes on leaving the house with a slam of the door.

You sat in your car next, head on the steering wheel as thoughts ran through your head. You had to break this deal off, you weren't that type of guy. You weren't a damn matchmaker you made the moves, you didn't help other people make moves! Especially other GIRLS!

As you sped down the road to go to Hinata's house you came up with even sloppier sorry can't help excuses. Pulling up infront you pressed your horn, but no one looked out. This surprised you, thinking you were supposed to pick her up. You get out the vehicle and approach the door of the giant mansion giving it a knock. After what felt like three minutes, a young girl opened the door and stared up at you with curiosity.

"Yes?" She asked in her sweet voice. "Oh. Um, yes. Hi! Is Hinata in?" The long brown haired girl shook her head, turning around and grabbing a tiny brown haired lavender eyed boy that ran behind her quickly in attempts to escape. "Awww! Cousin Hanabi please! I didn't mean to ruin your bubble bath!" "You're still in big trouble!!" Hanabi Hyūga, Hinata's younger sister yelled at him.

Hanabi then turned to you with a small sorry smile, "apologies, Hinata stepped out an hour ago." "An hour ago?! Do you know where she went?!" You were biting your tongue, hoping to the heavens she didn't go to the mall. "The mall!" You face palmed and turned heel running back to the car.

Hanabi shrugged at your strange behaviour and closed the door going back to babysitting.

You rushed as fast as you could to the mall, God now what? She was actually there and she must've been waiting for so long! When you parked and got out you nearly tripped over your own two feet, locking behind and running in. Immediately you were met with the smell of perfume and food though, your heart rate ceased and you calmed down.

There in the distance sitting at a table, dressed in a short black skirt with a stripped lavender short and a black coat to go over, hightop black boots and sipping on a pink lemonade was Hinata. The heiress to the Hyūga clan looked around her quickly, looking for you. When she spotted you she waved her hand and yelled out as loud as she could your name, but of course you didn't hear because it was too quiet.

You walked over. "Hey, Hinata." "Hello y/n-kun. I've been sitting here waiting for at least an hour. I hope I'm not too early." You nodded, "honestly you're way too early." You say sitting opposite her. "Hinata, I'm really sorry. But I—" "sorry. I bought you something to eat! F/f! I didn't know what else to get you..sorry.." You gave a nod of approval.

"No no! It's my favourite food!" You smiled brightly, forgetting all about what you were gonna tell her for a split second until you paused and looked back at her face. "Hinata—" "oh I'm so sorry I had you come out!" She unintentionally interrupted you again. "It's just, I really wanted help with Naruto-kun. I didn't know who else to go to! You seemed the best, y/n!" Aish, this woman was making you feel bad without knowing it.

You frowned, now you really didn't have a choice. 'Suck in your pride y/n. Help. Her.'

You stood and grabbed your food, "let's go shopping first and foremost!" Hinata jumped up right after, squealing a little as she walked with you to the clothing section of the mall. "We should check out [enter brand name clothes for girls]!" Hinata suggested. "Aight." When you got there Hinata stood frozen. She was nervous, clearly.

Sakura walked by with a giant smile on her face, to her left Ino, to her right Karin and behind Ten-Ten. When she noticed you she paused and waved. "Oh hi y/n! Hinata! What're you two doing here??"

Ten-Ten spoke up, "on a date?" She raised her brow. You shook your head quickly as Hinata blushed embarrassed. "No no! Just helping her out!" Hinata shot you a look, as if she was hinting not to tell the girls anything. "Helping her out with what?" Karin questioned, leaning in and tilting her glasses as she stared Hinata up and down. You noticed her attitude and tensed up.

"Just some shopping." "Well then come with us! We're shopping too!" Sakura cheered, but Hinata declined. "Sorry, it's special." The girls had a look of confusion on their faces. "Oh my gosh," says Karin, "is it Naruto?" Hinata's silence and red face gave it away making the females chuckle.

You looked to the Hyūga who looked even more embarrassed. "Hinata, I've told you already that Naruto likes me!" Sakura told her with a very sorry look on her face. "You should just drop it." "She isn't shopping for Naruto she's shopping for a family dinner in the Cloud Village!!" You lied. The girls shut up, eyeing Hinata and you before walking away.

"If you need any help just find us!" Ten-Ten called. Ino gave a deep sigh and face palmed at them all.

Once they left Hinata looked to you with a small smile, picking a crop top and pointing at it awkwardly. You smiled back, knowing you truly had a lot of work to do with this girl.