Chapter 6: Friends Are Busy

School.

Educational Institutions.

A place of study to teach young people knowledge of the modern, old and even future of the world.

Most view it as a bothersome thing. But have no choice in the wider choice of things. They cannot decide if they want to or don't want to go. Otherwise they will fail in the modern world.

Someone has to teach them, and that is what schools are for.

However the way it goes about it all may not be the most effective way to do so.

I mean,

It's a Day To Day Cycle that young people must follow.

School - Home.

They teach you things you most likely won't actually need to use in real life situations. For example most mathematical equations that are advanced. Unless you were planning to pursue a career in a mathematical department or something that required complex and intelligent math skills, you more than likely won't actually have to use anything besides the basics.

Schools however will still pile this work on you and force it into your heads as much as possible, no matter what you may want to pursue in the future.

I'm not saying it's bad or anything to know all this extra stuff as one might call it, but in the wider view of things, it more or less won't be needed.

Schools will apply additional pressure onto you by setting homework and if not completed, you will be placed into detention.

They do this to teach discipline and that in this world, you must do what you're told.

Which is a good thing to know, as sad as it may seem. But add onto the fact that your life mostly depends on a single piece of paper, that being your tests and grades. It makes things seem a lot more useless in the long wrong if you just mess up and don't remember anything.

School to me, seems like it's more about actually passing than learning.

Yes, you learn. But in the long run all teachers want you to do is remember this and that and do well on the test. If you don't, you'll be stuck repeating the same tests or with a 'bad' job as an adult.

I've only been going to school for little over a month now, but as I see it. That's how it is.

Which is ironic still.

Back in the white room, if you failed a test. Well, you were basically dead.

In a normal school, if you fail a test, you can retake it a little while later but eventually have to pay. And if you do awful, you're stuck living a low salary job, despite your actual skills you may possesses. It all truly depends what scores are on that paper.

But in all, school appears to be torture for most young people.

Anxiety, insomnia, and self destructive behaviours.

All things that can badly affect students, especially when surrounded by social media and others around their age that also use it.

It can widely corrupt the human mind in many ways.

I'm still a little ignorant to all of it and have more I need to see. So I wonder what else such a place may hold in store for me.

"Maybe I expected too much." I said quietly to myself. Maybe I did except too much from what a normal school might have been.

Well, I had friends and was living like a normal person. That's all I could actually ask for.

I was in class right now, staring out of the window.