Chapter 7: Secret Acquaintances

Masterpiece?

What did she mean by that?

...Who am I kidding. There's only one true thing a person who calls me that could mean.

"Who are you? And why did you call me 'Masterpiece'?" I stood up from my resting spot, and asked the girl, deciding to at least feign some sort of ignorance to the alias.

"I am Kirara Hoshikawa. And I'm sure you know quite well what that little name of yours means. Do you not?"

The girl introduced herself as Kirara Hoshikawa. Had I ever heard of such a name? No. Hell, I haven't even seen this girl before in my life until recently.

I wondered how I should approach this situation. Continue to act oblivious or just come straight out?

But only an idiot would continue to feign ignorance in this situation and with my circumstances.

And an idiot I was to the very end.

"Not quite sure." I told the girl, staring right at her before turning my back towards her.

"This is a reunion. I just wanted to come give you a proper greeting."

Reunion? Though I kept my back to Hoshikawa, I turned my head to look at her. I had never seen her before. I didn't remember this girl, and I wasn't missing any memories of my past. I had met Hoshikawa for the first time at school. There was no arguing with that fact.

"It's been quite a long time, Ayanokouji. Around 5 years I'd say."

"You're joking, right? I don't even know who you are."

"Heh. No, I suppose you wouldn't. It's just me who knows you, after all."

This girl was spouting random stuff at this point. Maybe she was a Chunni like Kaido who thought she was in a manga? I decided I was done here, and turned to walk away from the girl.

"White Room."

I stopped dead in my tracks at those two simple words. They cracked my composure.

The words rang in my head like a far distant echo.

"Don't worry. I'm not your enemy or anything. After all, that place was finally shut down. Karma finally caught up to that old man, heh." She giggled slightly.

"I turned around to face her again. "Who are you really?" I asked with a serious tone and expression this time, though most would probably not notice anything due to my apathetic expression and tone.

"It's quite all right that you don't know me. But I know you. We have a peculiar sort of bond, you could say. We were but just separated by two worlds. You were in the light, while I was in the dark. Separated by that one window I watched you through. And To reunite with you in a place like this... To be honest, I never thought I'd see you again. But then I heard about that place being shut down and saw you here on the first day of school. I was quite shocked." She leaned against the tree and crossed her arms whilst looking at me.

All to this, yet the girl still hadn't properly explained who she actually was and why she knew me. I gave her a more serious look, hoping she'd get my demand of more information.

"That glare of yours is still terrifying as ever." She looked away from me this time, however still a smile on her face.

"My father and your father were acquaintances, as both were very business authorised men, and my father usually dabbled into things far deeper than he should have. When I was younger, he took me to that place, and that was when I saw you. Dozen's of adult men, agents of the white room — laying on the ground as if they were massacred by a monster; but just a small boy standing in the centre of it all, unfazed but cold."