~Murray~

a/n: two chapters in one day?! 🫣
-this is like a different version of the byers dinner scene in season 4 soooo enjoy
——————————-
The table sat in silence. Not comfortable silence though it was very very awkward. That is until Jonathan broke the silence.
"Can you pass me the olive oil?"

Argyle's eyebrows furrowed, "That's wine."
"Oh"

"I forgot to tell you guys I have to go to a conference tomorrow... in Alaska." Joyce adds with a nervous smile.

"ALASKA?!" Mike, Will, and El shouted in unison all confused.

"So..Jonathan this means you'll have to take charge and take care of the kids alright?" Joyce asked while smiling at her oldest son.
"Wait.." Jonathan looked around at the table, "What?"
"What's going on?"

Will sighed and facepalmed, "Oh my god.."

Argyle elbowed Jonathan, "Your mom's going to Alaska."
"You're going to Alaska? What's going on in Alaska?" Jonathan looked at his mom squinting his eyes in confusion.

Joyce furrowed her eyebrows, "Jonathan..what is wrong with you?"

Murray looking at Jonathan and Argyle and back to his food, "I think I know what's wrong.." He murmured while holding back a small laugh.

"We just had a super stressful day.." Jonathan shakes his head while taking a bite out of his food.

"Yeah this girl got shmacked in the head today in the roller rink. It was one of those skate attacks." Argyle added to Jonathan's point.

"Shmacked? Skate attacks?" Murray asked.

"Yeah but it wasn't like an ice skate it was a.. a plastic skate." Jonathan went on.
"Mmm no more like rubber" Argyle spoke
"Rubber, rubber, it was rubber ."
Joyce looked at the two boys in confusion.
"I sense tension." Murray said while looking at the group.

Jonathan and Argyle were casually eating their food, El looked very upset and Mike and Will were quiet.
Not another second later El slammed her hands down on the table before furiously stomping upstairs to her room, the slam of her door being heard soon after..

"So now that the girlfriend is gone let's begin operation Jancy 2.0 all over again shall we?" Murray smirked while looking at Will and Mike.

a/n: i'll make a part two to this soon 🙏