star gayzing ;)

takes place after season 4. El and Mike aren't together!!!!! 

Third person POV: 

Will and Mike have gotten closer after the whole Vecna thing went down. El refused to leave Hawkins, saying that her friends needed her. And after Hopper convinced Joyce, they moved back to Hawkins. They picked a house almost right next to the Wheeler's house (since Hopper's house was dumped.) and Will has been loving it. His best friend is in walking distance, he can go over there and watch movies with Mike anytime he wants to. And Mike goes to his house too, but usually it's the Wheeler's for nostalgic purposes. 

This day was different. Mike and Will had planned something that didn't involve either house. Will had said that they needed to catch up on everything he'd missed since he had left. Mike suggested that they go on a walk somewhere. He said he "knew a place" Will was more than happy to agree, so now hes rummaging through his drawers trying to find something appropriate to wear. It was colder outside so he grabbed his hoodie and then threw on a pair of jeans. He put his shoes on in the kitchen. 

"Where are you going this late?" Jayce asked him from the couch. 

"Mike and I are gonna go on a walk" Will explained and tied his converses.

"That sounds fun" Joyce smiled at Will, then gave a more excited smile to Jonathan. 

"What" Will raised an eyebrow, catching a glimpse of his mom's change of expression.

"nothing" Jonathan sighed, but couldn't help the smile forming at the corner of his mouth.

"Come on, tell me" Will grumbled, standing up. he checked his watch. "Whatever, i'm gonna be late. I'll see you guys later." He said and walked out the front door, hearing Jonathan and Joyces's goodbyes and have funs. 

Will started heading to the Wheelers house. He stepped out into the road and began walking. He looked up the road and saw a figure. Slowly it came more and more into focus and he could see that it was Mike. 

"Hey" Mike smiled when they were finally close enough for a conversation to not be awkward. 

Will returned his greeting and they started walking. Mike had a backpack on that Will hadn't noticed. He was wearing a blue button up shirt with jeans. 

"Aren't you freezing?" Will asked Mike. 

"Not really" he responded, they started a conversation up about anything and everything. but mostly about the hellfire club and Eddie, who Mike failed to inform Will about. Will said it sounded like fun, though he was a little jealous that he was in a D&D club without him. 

Mike told him about the awesome campaign that Eddie had done and how they killed Vecna just like they had done in real life. Will couldn't help but stare in awe at Mike. Will loved it when Mike talked about something he enjoyed because he would get this look on his face that Will absolutely adored. 

Mike came to an abrupt stop in their walk. Will was confused, the only things around them were steep hills on one side and a neighborhood on the other. "See that path?" Mike said pointing to the woods. There was a hill that went really high up. 

Will nodded, and then Mike just walked to the path. Will followed, but not without asking a hundred times where they were going. 

The hill was so steep Will thought his lung might collapse on him. He tried to keep his breathing under control so he didn't sound out of shape to Mike. 

"a little further, i swear it's worth it" Mike said, he was out of breath himself. 

"It better be," Will muttered.