me and yo dawter

This happens after everything happens, no more vecna. Also Will is oblivious in this one ;)

Mikes POV:

I only have a hazy memory of waking up and catching my 6:30 plane ride to California. I was excited to see El, don't get me wrong. I love her, as a friend of course. And it became easier to say that when I knew it didn't have to mean in a romantic way. But I was much more excited to see Will. After realizing my feelings for him I think I've been a little more awkward, which I don't like. But i really cant help it. I get so nervous and feel like I'll say something stupid, or stutter and make myself sound stupid. 

You could say I get flustered, but I shouldn't. I've known him my entire life and we've told each other everything. So if I do end up confessing my feelings, I hope it's a breeze.

Our hug in the airport lasted a long time, it was kinda redemption for our last one that turned out to just be a shit show. I waited until I felt him let go before I pulled out of the hug. We smiled like two idiots. I fell more and more in love with him while we stood like that, taking in his features. 

El, Jonathan, and Argyle were there too. they all greeted me with a smile. I gave El a hug, and we were walking out to the car. Anyone walking by would think that Will and I were attached at the hip. I basically devoted myself to him on this trip, considering how I treated him last spring break (which I apologized for) He showed me his newest drawings and told me his ideas for future paintings. I loved the way he said things. 

This was how it went all the way to the Byers's house. El of course would join in on our conversations, which we were happy to hear her input. But for the most part she was writing. Will said that he doesn't know what she's writing, but it's none of my concern. In fact i'm happy she's making friends with people here. 

We went straight to Will's room. I laid on his bed and made myself at home, burring my face into the pillows that smelled like him. I was so ready to take a nap, but i was too excited to see him. He's changed a little since last time. He has a different haircut which suits him a lot better, and It makes him look more attractive if that was possible. 

I stared at him while he picked some things in his room up. I gave him my signature goofy smile that I only give him, my Will smile. He hadn't seemed to notice. We sat in silence while the song "boys don't cry by The Cure" played on his record player. I had got him this record for Christmas last year after seeing his posters. 

"What" He laughed. I had just realized he was looking at me. 

"Hm?" I responded, feeling my face get warm.

"You're staring" He said plainly. 

"Oh, you just look different!" I said, smiling again.

"Do I?" He smirked, standing up to put something away. 

"Yeah."

"How so?" He cocked his head mockingly. 

"Your...your hair for one." I began. "And your nose is..."

"My nose? What about my nose" Will said, running a finger down his nose bridge. 

I was trying to not sound so homo when I told him that I noticed every minor change in his features. But it was true. I could see him getting closer and closer to me while I rambled on about the way his face has changed. Now that he was up close I only noticed more. At this point he was smiling. Not only smiling, he was blushing too. I noticed it but didn't let myself think too hard on it. 

When I was done rambling about how he's changed I really thought we were going to have a romantic moment. Maybe look at each other's lips more than normal, maybe he'd lay down beside me and we'd take a nap or whatever, but he just snorted. Like laughed. 

I faked a laugh, a little confused, then embarrassed. Of course he doesn't know. 

We only became more and more flirty after that. We would be sitting down and he would either put his head or his legs on my lap. We were inseparable, and we constantly needed to be touching. Touching hands, shoulders, legs, anything. And I don't think i could get tired of this ever. 

That night I rolled out a blanket on the floor. and grabbed a pillow. Will had gone to the bathroom to shower and brush his teeth so i took this time to make my pallet next to his bed. 

I was sitting on the floor with my back leaned on his bed, messing with some whittled piece of wood i found on Will's table. I heard the door open.

Will had a pile of clothes and a towel in his hands. His hair was wet and he was wearing an oversized shirt with some short shorts. 

He looked stunning. I don't think I could look away if I tried. He seemed to be oblivious to my obvious staring. 

"Why is there a blanket on the floor?" Will asked.

"Oh, I was gonna sleep here" I explained, yet again getting flustered. 

"You don't want to sleep in the bed" He asked, blatantly.

"I didn't know if i could." I shrugged. 

"I'd prefer it honestly," He giggled and then playfully shoulder checked me. I laughed at this and started undoing my sad excuse for a pallet on the ground. 

I crawled into his bed after him. I could feel my heart racing and I was suddenly very aware of all of mine and his movements. He was looking at the wall, but shortly turned towards me. I only got some of his features in the moon light shining through his window. 

I thought he would say something, but he didn't. He just smiled. I of course had to smile back and we just stayed like that for a while. I noticed he started to nod off, but something was telling me to do something. Maybe I was just being eager with him right in front of me, but whatever this feeling was it was strong. 

I couldn't ignore it. Instinctually I raised my hand out from underneath the blanket and raised his chin with my pointer finger. He was confused for a second, but then I kissed him. I didn't feel him kiss back though. I instead felt him pull away. He just looked confused. 

shit, I messed up. were my exact thoughts as he pulled me into another kiss, with more passion than I had expected. I retaliated, kissing with the same intensity  he had given me. I had been waiting for this moment for forever and it was finally happening. I was so excited I smiled into the kiss, he did too. We sat there, out of breath, foreheads pressed to the other's, smiling. Like two idiots. 

didnt really give this one an end, so soz. But like I said, school just started up so as you can tell I haven't been posting as much. I've also been running out of ideas so if you have any, PLEASE LMK!!!!! Also, TYSM FOR ALMOST 2K READS! Thats INSANE!!  lots of love to all my readers...<3