my novel?

takes place after the events of season 4 after vecnussy was destroyed. also this is based off a video i saw on TT 😼 this is a long one so buckle up babes

3rd person POV:

Will sat at the edge of his bed, anxiously waiting to hear a noise outside of his room. Maybe in the kitchen, maybe the living room, just another noise. He had woken up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep, his first day back at Hawkins was eating him alive. He decided to get his morning started, but he didn't want to be the first one up. So he waited. 

His leg shook uncontrollably, he looked at his alarm clock. 6:45. Someone has to be up by now. 

6:46. No noise. 

6:47. Still nothing. He waited, his ears were now detecting unknown frequencies that he had never heard before. Still he watched as his restless leg kept it's pace. 

6:48. Nothing. Until, the most faint noise emerged from the silence. It was a sound that could have came from a mouse, maybe even a cricket. But it was enough for Will to get up and quickly, yet still silently, open his door. 

The pale light from his room filled the darkness in the hallway, his steps were light as he made his way to the kitchen, now noticing some boards that creaked underneath him. The sun crept over the horizon, now filling the void in the kitchen, glowing across the back of Jim Hopper, who was raiding the fridge.

He had told Joyce he wanted to stay skinny, but everyone knew it would never happen. They never said it out loud though, but it was something El and Will discussed on long nights. 

Will must have been so quiet that Hop didn't notice him. His head was still engulfed in the refrigerator when he let out the most gut-wrenching belch known to man. 

Will made a disgusted face, watching Hopper pull out a piece of last night's chocolate cake. Will took a seat at the bar, and unknowingly started  slightly making himself turn left and right. He observed as Jim turned around, his hair was now a little more grown from it being shaved everyday for 9 months. His beard was now fully back and he almost mimicked Murry. 

Hop looked up from his piece of cake and jumped back a little, getting spooked by Will. 

"Jesus, kid. What are you doing up?" He whispered, turning around to read the clock. 

"Couldn't sleep, I guess" Will shrugged. Jim nodded, offering Will a piece of cake, which Will denied. He never had an appetite in the morning. 

Will thought he could at least do something productive with his long morning. He went to the bathroom and turned on the water, the faucet was squeaky and rusted, but the water ran fine. He let it warm up while brushing his teeth then stripping, he waited for the mirror to start fogging up before he got in the shower. 

While he was washing his hair, he thought about how his friends will treat him now, after he came out to them. They still called him usually, well Lucas and Dustin, Mike has been a little more distant than normal. Will tries to tell himself it's just because him and El just broke up, but he can't help but think it's because Mike is homophobic. 

He didn't allow himself to think on this too much, he wanted to have a good day, he didn't want to start it off bad already. He turned off the water and grabbed the towel he hung up outside the shower. He stepped out, the cold consumed him and his entire body got goosebumps. he ran the towel through his drenched bowl cut, then over his body, drying himself off. 

He wrapped the towel around his lower half and, after checking multiple times if it was clear, he quickly walked to his room. Usually he had clothes in the bathroom with him already, but he knew he was going to need a lot of time to pick out his outfit.