Part 2

Had Sunghoon made up his mind or not about asking Heeseung, the next morning, Sunoo made it up for him. Without even asking, him and Jungwon made sure to take Niki and Jay out of the kitchen. Jake and Sunghoon shared one look at each other for not even a second and Jake already knew what was happening and he let himself out. That meant only Heeseung and Sunghoon were left in the kitchen. Sunghoon wondered if breakfast was the best time to bring up such a topic, but he was already there and he knew he wouldn’t do it if he postponed it.

Honestly, he didn’t even know how to begin the conversation. With which end of the deal did he begin, Heeseung helping him or him helping Heeseung? Should he even mention he wanted Heeseung to help him through his heat? He knew his heat would be right after Heeseung’s rut, maybe a day or two after, so it would make sense to mention it, right? Sunghoon was nervous, his palms were sweating and his heart was beating abnormally fast. He was going to do it.

“Hyung?” He called, voice soft and a little chocked, but he hoped Heeseung wouldn’t notice. Heeseung was eating so he only hummed as a response, “your rut is coming up soon, isn’t it?” At this, Heeseung stopped.

“Can you smell it already? I thought I had a couple more days…” Sunghoon stepped closer to where Heeseung was sitting and not so subtly smelled around Heeseung. His scent was enticing, like always, but he wouldn’t say he smelled any different than usual.

“I can’t smell it yet.” Heeseung relaxed at that, “but… uh… I was thinking, are you… spending it with anyone?”

“Of course, not,” Heeseung scoffed, “I never spend it with anyone.”

“I know, but…” Sunghoon bit his lip nervously, “maybe you wanted to?”

“Sunghoon… are you…”

“Offering, yes.” He said before Heeseung, he couldn’t lose his courage then, “I’m saying we could help each other.”

“You want me to help you with your heat?” Sunghoon fidgeted with his fingers while nodding.

“I want to help you during your rut and for you to help me during my heat,” Sunghoon knew it was obvious he was nervous. He didn’t have much hopes that Heeseung would agree, but he would be lying if he said he didn’t want it.

“I-” Heeseung stopped looking surprised, “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

That wasn’t what Sunghoon was expecting. That wasn’t a rejection, that didn’t mean he didn’t want to. It almost sounded like he had even thought about it and thought it was a bad idea. Sunghoon couldn’t figure out why he’d think that, and he also couldn’t figure out how he felt about it. To some extent, Sunghoon could understand that Heeseung probably thought about asking for help, but ultimately discarded the thought. He wanted to know.

“Why?” Sunghoon hadn’t been planning on convincing Heeseung, but knowing there was a chance, he was tempted to try.

“Eh… I’ve mentioned… that my ruts are intense,” Heeseung began explaining, but when it seemed like he wouldn’t elaborate, Sunghoon decided to pressure him a little.

“Wouldn’t that mean you should spend it with an omega? So it’s not so bad?” Heeseung tensed and he seemed to ponder if he should explain.

“My ruts- I’m not me during them,” he said, “I don’t like how I become, it’s… I’m so violent, I-” he sighed, he was distressed, Sunghoon wanted to calm him down. “I don’t want to hurt you.”

Sunghoon stopped breathing for a second. Heeseung hadn’t said he didn’t want to hurt an omega, he said he didn’t want to hurt Sunghoon . His pulse quickened, did that mean Heeseung had considered him to spend his ruts with? Surely it had to be because he was the only omega in the group without an alpha. Yet, Heeseung could get an omega from somewhere else, it didn’t have to be from the group. And he still considered Sunghoon.