Extra 2

Heeseung was, by nature, not a morning person. He’d get up early if he had to, but if he could avoid it, he would. Nothing about waking up early was Good enough to warrant the suffering it caused him. Except, maybe, for the rare occasions where He’d manage to wake up before Sunghoon. His beautiful, adorable, incredible omega; his mate. There was no denying that he was a little creepy for wanting to wake up before Sunghoon just to watch him sleep for a couple of minutes, but he looked so gorgeous and soft, Heeseung couldn’t help himself. 

That, however, did not happen often. While Sunghoon wasn’t a morning person either, he did get up before Heeseung most days. Was Sunghoon anywhere near functional and conscious as soon as he woke up? No, not really, but at least he was up; or so Jungwon liked to say. Heeseung would argue that it didn’t really count, but last time he tried he ended up sleeping alone for three days. He was never going to make that mistake again. 

So, whenever Heeseung did wake up before Sunghoon, he took his time to appreciate every detail of his face as if he had never seen him before. It just so happened that on this particular day, Heeseung woke up and Sunghoon was still fast asleep next to him. Heeseung smiled gently and proceeded as he usually would, staring fondly at Sunghoon’s sleeping face. After probably a minute or two, Heeseung carefully pressed his finger over Sunghoon’s mole, the one under his eye. Sunghoon flinched lightly, but didn’t wake up. 

Heeseung did it again, with a little more strength but still with all the love he had for him. Sunghoon scrunched his nose and moved backwards, barely opening his eyes. He looked over at Heeseung, who continued to smile, and closed his eyes again. With some effort, Sunghoon buried himself under the covers, not wanting to wake up, Heeseung guessed. 

“Come on, baby, we have to get up,” Heeseung whispered, trying to get Sunghoon from under the covers.

“Don’t want to…” Came Sunghoon’s groggy reply. 

“I don’t want to either, but Jungwon isn’t going to be happy if we stay in bed,” he said, finally uncovering Sunghoon’s head. Fervently, Sunghoon refused to get up or open his eyes more than just a squint. But then, Heeseung got worried. “Hoonie, are you feeling alright? You’re burning up,” 

“I’m fine, just tired…” Sunghoon answered weakly. It did nothing but worry Heeseung more.

“I’m going to check your temperature, okay? Let me bring the thermometer.” With that, Heeseung got up faster than ever before in his life.

In his search for a thermometer, he completely ignored everyone who talked to him as he walked around the dorm. It wasn’t intentional, he just wanted to make sure Sunghoon was okay. Finding the thermometer took him longer than expected, but once he did, he wasted no time getting back to Sunghoon and checking his temperature. Sunghoon hadn’t moved at all from the moment Heeseung left the room until he got back. Once again, Heeseung’s worry continued to grow.

Last time he had seen Sunghoon being sick they hadn’t been mates yet; he had been worried, but it hadn’t been as bad as it was at the moment. It got even worse once he took the thermometer away from Sunghoon only to see Sunghoon had a fever. 37.6 °C was high, granted it wasn’t that high, but that wouldn’t stop Heeseung from worrying. 

“Heeseung-hyung, what’s going on?” Jungwon carefully approached the room, standing by the door. 

“Sunghoon has a fever,” Heeseung explained as he pushed past Jungwon to go look for some medicine, something to help get down the fever. 

“Heeseung, it’s barely a fever, I just need to sleep…” Sunghoon tried to argue, but Heeseung wasn’t listening.

He took two minutes to get water and some pills ready. Tiredly, Sunghoon rolled his eyes but still took the medicine and drank the water, thanking Heeseung. Heeseung stayed by his side, not knowing what else to do, nervously pacing around the room. Eventually, it came the time Heeseung had to leave for practice and some individual schedules. But he really didn’t want to. He didn’t want to leave Sunghoon alone while he was sick, it sounded like the worst thing for him to do. He’d be a terrible mate if he did leave Sunghoon alone.

“Hyung, I’ll be fine, you have to go,” Sunghoon insisted. 

Heeseung was conflicted, wanting to do as Sunghoon was telling him if only so Sunghoon could go back to sleep and wanting to stay with him. Ultimately, Heeseung had to leave, with Sunghoon ordering him to and Jungwon forcing him out of the room, he had no other choice. 

He couldn’t focus through the entire day, frustrating everyone he was working with. He felt terrible about it, but he couldn’t help it. His mind was completely consumed by thoughts of Sunghoon and wanting to help him get better. He spent more time apologising for his mistakes than being productive; in the end, Jungwon almost regretted forcing him out of the dorm. 

When he finally got back to the dorm, Sunghoon was still lying down. He prepared some food and brought it over to Sunghoon, so he could have dinner in bed. Sunghoon insisted he was fine, that the very long nap he had taken was enough, But Heeseung was not going to back down. Sunghoon accepted and even let Heeseung feed him at first, though eventually he got tired of that. Later, after Heeseung had helped a very unwilling Sunghoon to freshen up and change his clothes, they got back into bed. 

“Tomorrow I’ll be just fine, stop worrying,” Sunghoon told him, eyes half closed. 

“Can’t help it, love, this is just… new,” Heeseung explained. He knew it was more than just that, but hopefully that’d be enough for Sunghoon.

“You took great care of me,” Sunghoon said, getting closer to Heeseung and letting sleep start taking over his body.

“I wasn’t with you for most of the day,” Heeseung pouted, but placed a kiss on top of Sunghoon’s head once he was close enough. He relaxed a bit feeling that Sunghoon wasn’t as warm as in the morning.

“Mm… But you were here when it mattered,” Sunghoon countered. “I slept most of the day, anyway.”

Heeseung was about to answer back when he realised Sunghoon had fallen asleep. He kissed him one more time before pulling him closer even. In the morning, Heeseung had never before been so happy to wake up after Sunghoon. Seeing Sunghoon smiling directly at him first thing in the morning, no traces of the previous day’s sickness left on Sunghoon’s face, made waking up early worth it.