✮.*・。゚AMELIE ✮.*・。゚

" oh hey mae!" tommy said, smiling at me.
" hey, who's this?" i replied, gesturing to the girl next to him.
" oh hi! i'm amelie, who are you hon?" the girl smiled. she had a perfect smile.
" i'm mae." i said, attempting to recreate her smile. i looked at her hand still on tommy's arm and sat down.
" it's lovely to meet you!" she replied, before looking behind me and widening her eyes.
" oh! it's one of my friends! wait here, i'll be back in a second." she said excitedly, finally removing her hand from tommy's arm and running off.

" so.. who's she?" i asked tommy once i was sure she couldn't hear me.
" oh! she went to my high school." he replied. " we never really talked, but she seems to want to be friends with me ."
" oh that's .. nice." i said, trying to sound as genuine as possible. i felt a pang of jealousy in my heart.

" i'm back!!" she said, in a sing-song voice , taking her place next to tommy once more. she latched herself onto his arm again and i rolled my eyes. i think tommy saw, but he didn't say anything about it. the girl flipped her long blonde hair behind her shoulder and gestured for somebody behind me to walk over, i'm guessing her friend. i turned around to be met with oscar.

" yes, come sit here oscar! " she grinned at him, before seeing the look of horror on my face. she leaned her hand out and rested it on my wrist, her fake nails slightly digging into my skin. " it's alright if he comes and sits here right?" she asked me and tom.

tommy made eye contact with me , almost asking if i was okay with it.
' well if tommy wants to hang out with some girl instead of me, i'll hang out with oscar instead of him.' i thought to myself.

" of course!" i forced a smile at amelie and she giggled as oscar came and sat down next to me. i tensed up slightly.
" hi mae." he said to me, i turned around slightly to make eye contact with him, hiding my fear and smiling .
" hey oscar." i replied, amelie furrowed her eyebrows.

oscar spoke up, " yes, we're good friends. we used to date from year 10 until around 6 months ago."
" oh wow! so that's what.." she did the maths in her head. " like a couple years! wow!" me and oscar nodded.

" shall we head home now?" tommy asked me, seeming quite awkward.
" i'll give you a lift." oscar said, it didn't sound like an offer, more of a command.
" that sounds great!" i began to get up, grabbing my small bag of possessions. oscar soon took it off me.
" it's alright. ill carry it for you." he smiled.
" oh thank you!" maybe he has changed?

i saw tommy in the corner of my eye giving oscar a death stare. he was now standing, amelie still attached to his arm.

being with oscar again reminded me of how it used to be between us, and i missed it. he was so sweet back then, i genuinely think he has changed.
oscar's warm hand held my cold one, and we exited the building , amelie and tommy following behind us.

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

we dropped amelie off at her house a while ago, and now we had just arrived at mine and tommy's apartment building.

" do you want to come in for a cup of tea oscar?" i asked him, opening my door and stepping out. oscar agreed and walking inside with me and tommy.
we entered the lift ( elevator if your american ) and it was extremely awkward. the silence was deafening.

i stood in between the two boys, both of them giving the other death stares above my head, thinking i didn't notice. a ' ping ' was heard and the doors in front of us opened. we all stepped off and walked into the apartment. i went into the kitchen to turn on the kettle, when oscar called me.

" hey, turns out i've got to go. i'll see you soon." he said, walking over and kissing me on the cheek before leaving. i immediately wiped the area where he had kissed me on the cheek.

tommy stood staring at me. i made eye contact with him.
" so. oscar huh?" he asked.
" yea.. i guess so." i answered.
" are you sure he's changed." he questioned, seeming concerned.
" yes! i'm sure." i responded, almost reassuring myself more than him.
" um.. i saw something earlier in the car on my phone that i wanted to show you." he told me, reaching into his back pocket to get out his phone.

✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚✮.*・。゚

emily's corner

short chapter!
hope u like it!!!

put ur thoughts for what could happen next in the comments, or give me some ideas of cute things mae and tommy could do together ( cafe , restaurant, theme park e.t.c. ) because i'm running out of ideas 😭