Divorce Papers

"Yes, mom."

"I am good, so are Sidharth & Ayaan."

"Yes, mom. I am having my meals & medicines on time. Don't worry. And yes, your favorite jamai is taking care of me." 

Sidharth was playing with his son but he kept stealing glances at his wife who talking to her mother on the phone call. After Shehnaaz ended the call, she came and slumped down on the couch in living area.

"Hows mom?" Sidharth asked her about her mother.

"She is good." Shehnaaz answered shortly.

"Did you signed the papers?" Shehnaaz turned to him and asked him about the divorce paper. Sidharth looks at her before he sighed and told her.

"I didn't and i am not going to sign them in future as well."

Shehnaaz frowned at his confidence filled voice. Wasn't Sidharth the unhappy one in their marriage? Then why he isn't giving her divorce when Shehnaaz is willing to free him from the unwanted relationship?

"Why?" Her voice was softer than before while her eyes held pain.

"Because i don't want to-" Sidharth answered, looking into her eyes deeply. He held her hand and laced his fingers with hers.

"Why don't you want to? You are not happy with me then why do you want to stay tied down to me?" Shehnaaz asked him and she hoped for a sincere answer.

Shehnaaz herself was tired of their arguments and never-ending fights. And she knew that lack of communication was the reason behind their failing marriage.

Shehnaaz won't say he was at completely at fault, they both had failed to understand each other. They don't know what is going on in other one's head or in heart for that matter. Their emotional connection is not that strong as it was supposed to be.

Her trance was broken when she felt him tugging at her hand. Shehnaaz looked up at him with questioning gaze.

"After knowing me for three years, i thought you would know i speak shit when i am angry and i never meant those words-" Sidharth trailed off.

"But you can't speak shit then expect me to look pass them. They matters alot. Your every hurtful words leaves impact on me." Shehnaaz said to him. She averted her gaze away from him.

"I know and i promise, i will control my anger." Sidharth promised to her and himself as well.

"Thats not the answer of my question. I asked why don't you want divorce?" Shehnaaz repeated her question.

"Because i don't to let go of you. No matter what equation we share, still you are the one i want." Sidharth said to her, leaving her speechless and numb with his confession.

He wants her? Her? Really?

Did Shehnaaz heard him right? Or was she hallucinating?

In three years of marriage, SidNaaz had hardly spoke any cheesy, love lines to each other, but then its not them, specially him. They were never the couple who freely express their feelings, instead they had always prefer to hide them.

Sidharth was staring at her, waiting for her to say something but Shehnaaz looked lost in web of her own thoughts.

His trance was broken with the sound of his cell phone's ring. Sidharth took out his cell phone and saw an unknown number flashing on the screen. He rejected the call and look down at his son who fell asleep in his arms while playing.

"I'll make Ayu sleep in room." Sidharth said to Shehnaaz, who turned to him and gave a small nod. Shehnaaz wasn't really in right state of mind to talk to him further.

Sidharth, ever so carefully, got up from his place with Ayaan in his arms and went upstairs, leaving Shehnaaz alone with her thoughts.

Shehnaaz was thinking about his confession when his cell phone, which he forgot on the couch, ringed again.
Phone rang and Shehnaaz glanced at the screen before she picked up the call.

"Sidharth, when are you returning back? Its been three days now-" Shehnaaz frowned when she heard feminine voice from the other side.

"Sidharth is not here." Shehnaaz replied to the caller politely.

"Oh! Tell him to call me back when he return." The caller said to her.

"Sure. May i know who is calling?" Shehnaaz asked her politely.

"Hina. And who are you?"

"I am Shehnaaz, his wife." Shehnaaz replied back and frowned when the line went dead next moment