Chapter 6

November 23, 2019

November 23, 2019

When I accepted the promo offer, I knew it was the right decision.

Even though my inbox flooded like a tsunami after giving them my email address, I told myself this is probably just a normal day in the advertising industry.

One of the reasons why the promo seems worth advertising is because the money we earn from it will be donated to our local Environment Control Department. The current goal of my hometown is to collect any sorts of plastic wastes; Food wrappers, grocery bags, bottles, straws, and stirrers. As someone who buys coffee and frappes most of the time, why not contribute something?

These days are pretty hectic. Especially during the month of November. We had two school programs, one for Anti-Drug Abuse Prevention and one for National Book Week. It was entertaining. I just didn't like how our school scheduled these events during the same week as our trimester assessments.

We're going to see Frozen 2 at a cinema in Manila, as I promised my cousin Asha back in August. It's perfect timing because my lola wants to meet her grandmother. We left around 4:30am, but because of traffic, we arrived at 6:17 a.m.

Even after school yesterday, my sleep schedule is still messed up. It's a good thing we're staying until tomorrow. I don't feel comfortable sleeping in the car while sitting with a weird pillow choking my neck.

I laid down on my cousin's couch in the living room and opened Instagram to post the photos for the month. Very social of me right?

taron_hzlnt sent you a message.

Huh? Who's Taron? I Immediately stalked his Instagram account to see who he is. I saw 3 square-sized photos of him. First, the one they say "Pretend not to look" picture at picnic area. Second, his photography era for taking shots of different areas at Twin Lakes.

He seems more like a travel type of person, wouldn't you agree?

Third and latest, he is wearing a long-sleeve polo shirt with a hunter-colored apron and a logo of the cafe. Wait a minute... isn't that the Balai Dahon Cafe?

Oh my gosh! It is him! The barista who seems to be interested in me. Time to check his message. I wonder what he said.

taron_hzlnt: Hi Winter! I'm Taron, one of the baristas of the Balai Dahon Cafe. I appreciated your cooperation with us for signing up for the promotion. I knew you would be interested.

itswhiteml: hi this sounds a bit scripted to me. you can just say thanks instead...

taron_hzlnt: Sorry. I was just being formal... by the way im a bit shy to ask you this in person since I was on duty. Are you free this weekend?

itswhiteml: nope sorry i can't

taron_hzlnt: oh okay it's fine. Just let me know when you are free

itswhiteml: k

Just in time our grandmas went back inside after having a coffee chat at their old wooden bench near the garage. They told us to get ready as we are about to go.

"The mall here is bigger than the one from Calamba," I told her.

"It only looks bigger because there are no stalls around. They'll probably be setting up by december."

"It's already bermonths tho."

She dragged me to Starbucks without saying anything. I purchased my one and only Vanilla cream frappuccino. It's my favorite drink. The Java chip comes in second. I'm not a big fan of chocolate flavors. Asha purchased a mocha drink. I'm not sure what kind of mocha it is, but it's still mocha.

We went to the ticket booth after. I should've asked for tissues to hold my drink. Its really freezing my hand like water turning to ice by a freezer.

"Good afternoon! We'd like to buy tickets for Frozen 2," she said.

"Hello! Each ticket costs around P241.00, which time schedule?"

"1:25pm maam." While she was speaking I still couldn't get over the way he asked me to go out with him.

"Alright! How many tickets?"

"Three."

I turned to her with a confused look, "Wait for whom is the third one?"

"Me."

I looked behind me and recognized someone familiar. It was Taron.

He is wearing a mix of white and blue polo shirt with white chino shorts. His white shoes are as neat as a crystal ball with a little brownish stain. But it still didn't give me any attractiveness. I like the style though.

We continued our conversation after Asha bought the tickets.

"I'm glad to meet you for the first time in person, Winter," he greeted.

"Yeah you too," We shook hands and I couldn't let go of my eyes on him. I suddenly questioned them out of my curiosity, "Do you guys know each other?"

"Oh! Asha I think you haven't told him about it."

"Right! So he basically asked your friends if you were planning on going somewhere. They might have told him about our weekend plans. Then he asked if he could accompany us because he only had classes in the morning today, so he only had half a day," I looked at her like I was being interviewed, "If you know... he's a working student," Asha added.

"Oh really?" I'm truly amazed at how he manages to study and work at the same time. I was impressed by his sense of responsibility. Its very rare to find someone who is that productive.

"That seems more like boyfriend material for someone..."

"Like you?" He smirked at me.

That response simply made me too stunned to speak for a moment. Asha simply laughed at me from blushing. I can't believe he would say a thing like that right in front of me in our first meeting.

And that was the day my heart began to race fast. It wasn't as usual as it had been. I've never felt such romantic ecstasy. We took our very first pictures together at Timezone after.