Epilogue

One year later

One year later. September 8, 2022.

Taron went to the cafe to meet up with Vince for them to talk about an important matter. Vince did not say a word but handed a letter for him to read. Despite the busy road, he was determined to read the letter, ignoring the noises around.

"He wanted you to have this but I found out today would be the right time," he said, watching me open it and read it with my own eyes.

Dear T.H.,

"Our path ends here, I'm setting us free from the pain.
I was your first but you were my last.
May the stars redirect us back to strangers again,
or to the right ones where we deserve to be loved.

I might not be able to talk to you in person again,
but you made our dance back in December,
a dream come true for me.
Promise me when you found who you love,
treat them better than what you used to.

Always remember,
I loved you and I hoped you did too."

your one and only coffee lover, W.M..
-september 8, 2021

"I wished you realized it earlier, Taron," Vince said, "Anyways, I gotta get going. See you around."

"But before you go, why did you give me the letter just now?"

"You know what day it is today?"

"September 8th. What with it?"

"It's his birthday. He wanted you to have the letter days before he got admitted to the hospital for drinking too much caffeine," Vince explained before he left.

I cannot let go of the letter that was given to me. The amount of regrets I had for not being loyal to my own partner. But I do not want anyone to sympathize with my mistakes. Winter knew that I was not the right person for him but he still loved me no matter what. I began the story and he ended it for us.

I stayed outside the cafe beside the road, our story together now forever told.

THE END.

~~~~~~~

DYK?
"My Cafe Lover" is written from Theodore's perspective.

"Three years ago, I had a really tough time and I decided to go out and buy a drink to fresh up my mind. I was really into cafes, especially their best selling frappuccinos. But I never realized that one day, a single sticky note from it would make me feel better and write a story about my experience."

- theodore nightz | 27-07-22