Chapter 12

Taron and I continued to find ways on how to communicate with each other, even though it was tough being so far apart

Taron and I continued to find ways on how to communicate with each other, even though it was tough being so far apart. We tried to make each moment count, even if it was just a simple video call or a quick message. One day, he took me on a virtual date in roblox by surprise. "I was thinking if we could have dinner together virtually," he suggested.

I agree with the idea, and we spent the next hour chatting and eating together, even though we were apart. It was a small gesture, but it meant a lot to me. There is a lot for us to do while under online set-ups. We can bond at any time.

Another time, he decided to watch a movie with me over video call. We synchronized our viewing and it felt like we were watching it together in person, just like in a real cinema.

Nine months later...

On the day of Christmas, Taron and I did a video call hours after I had dinner with my family and relatives downstairs. We celebrated it online since we were both concerned with our safety during the pandemic.

"No! Seriously, what's inside this present?" I asked, shaking the gift box.

"I can't tell you," he replied with a grin.

"What did you get me?" I am feeling a bit impatient.

"You have to open it first, Win," he said, chuckling.

I cut through the wrapping paper with a scissor, and my eyes widened as I saw what was inside. "You're joking me right?" I could not believe he would actually grant one of my wish-lists. I didn't really expect me to have this.

"I got you a customized photo album with all our pictures together from the past years," he replied. "Do you like it?"

My face lit up with blush on my cheeks, "No. But I love it! Thank you so much, Taron!" I exclaimed, holding up the album for him to see over the video call.

"I'm glad to hear that," he replied, relief evident in his voice.

He asked me this time, "What about mine? What's in here?"

"Secret. I won't tell you unless you open that," I giggled while hugging the unboxed photo album.

From the reaction of his eyes, I can tell he did not expect my gift. I remember I even had to ask his colleagues what he likes to have. They gave me the same answer which is a notebook binder. But I had no idea what kind of notebook it was, so I asked my cousin to go with me. Since she is at her senior high school, and they often take notes from their subjects, she helped me find a green notebook binder at a local bookstore near our village.

"Now if I were to ask about the gift, do you like it or love it?" I asked him.

"Both."